Which Signing Would Be Bigger?

Which Signing Would Be Bigger?

• Total voters

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
Even if Taveres does sign with Toronto I think Babcock is the bigger signing by miles.

Some people are too just impatient with him.
I have always had what was said when he signed, in the back of my mind.
If they don't make a deep run in the next couple seasons then maybe the criticism he gets now, is fair enough.
He just doesn't have the defensive players he needs yet.
After all, you can't polish a turd.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Even if Taveres does sign with Toronto I think Babcock is the bigger signing by miles.

If they don't make a deep run in the next couple seasons then maybe the criticism he gets now, is fair enough.
But you can take it from dead last to two straight playoff appearances.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017

He, Babcock will have his D-guys next season. And by D-guys I don't by any means mean no druggy type of person, but just a defensive guy. Babcock will get his during the summatime. He'll get somebody like Kubina, more of a sucka like Bufyglien type. Like an Erik Johnson killa type for us. So yeah he'll get that type of a sucka who'll push others around and still even score some and make them really pay the price hard. Even Daughty and Karlsson are possibilites for relyeah.

But imagine if Komarov, Bozak and JVR are all gone and we'll get that D.-guy and still get tavares or like some otha sucka like Little or Vermette so yeah we'll be d-ready for sure and certainly mayne. Ours is the next season.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
tavares. a coach can only do so much. at the end of the day the players need to get it done.

we could replace babs with probably 10 other coaches and it would be fine. there are very few centers we can add that would be an upgrade on tavares

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
So, Mike Babcock is easily the biggest free agent signing the Leafs have made since... Belfour? I still remember the shock the day it happened. Everyone thought he was going to Buffalo or San Jose and ruled Toronto out. He’s no already proven to be the best Leafs coach since Pat Quinn.

Should Tavares sign with the Leafs (no matter what the contract is) would that be a bigger signing than Babcock was?

Just something I was thinking about. How excited I was when the Leafs hired Babcock and then thinking how amazing it would be if they signed Tavares.

Given where the team is now and what the impact could mean

Tavares ALL THE WAY

it's one thing to get a great coach

and something completely different that gets you into honest cup contention talks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad