Which Sens give the most to the Ottawa community

sjosty26

May 8, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm doing a story on one of the Senators and his efforts in helping aid the community/uplift spirits.

While the story is focused on him, in order to widen the scope, we are diverging into other community measures, charitable contributions, whether financially or giving their time, primarily the platform that these talent athletes have to help positively impact people's lives.

There's obviously the Senators foundation, but as far as individual players go, who sort of "gives" the most in the Ottawa organization? I tried doing research but couldn't find any concrete numbers.

Thought that you guys being in the Ottawa area would have a better grasp on what I'm looking for, and who I should talk to.

Thank you and good luck the rest of the season!

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Would've went with Karlsson these past few seasons but recently we've seen some nice gestures by Duchene and Dzingel .

That's really the only two I could remember off the top of my head but I am sure some users would know much more than me regarding this topic as I am sure most of the giving is done privately and never reaches the public.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
The Ottawa Senators (@Senators) announced today that forward Bobby Ryan has purchased a private suite for each Senators home game for the next eight seasons. The suite, which will be known as Bobby Ryan’s All-Star Kids, has been donated to the Ottawa Senators Foundation (@SensFoundation), which will work with Bobby each season to host up to 16 children, youth and their families at every Senators home game running through the conclusion of the 2021-22 season.

News Release: Bobby Ryan purchases a private suite to host local children for the next eight seasons

Bobby Ryan since 2014 through 2021-2022

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

otown

Sep 4, 2009
I think it is an unwritten rule that if you are a Sen, you give back. It goes hand in hand with the crest on the sweater. Some players are more visible with their community connections while others may do their community outreach out of the spotlight.
The Sens organization, alumni and players are a cut above when it comes to reaching out!
All class, all the way!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->