Which season is the final season for the coliseum?

RealSturat

Jan 30, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Been thinking about this. Is it based on season or calendar year. So does it end on 12/31/2014 or at the end of the 14-15 season? Could there be a mid-season move?

But I agree, I think they move early.

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
Really hope they dont break the lease early, I would like to go to the last game at the Coliseum whenever it is, cant believe so many here are just willing to ditch the Coliseum and play at that arena in Brooklyn

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Contract/lease ends spring 2015. Fall 2015 we'll be in Brooklyn. Thats how I remember the Brooklyn press conference going.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Really hope they dont break the lease early, I would like to go to the last game at the Coliseum whenever it is, cant believe so many here are just willing to ditch the Coliseum and play at that arena in Brooklyn

Even if they break the lease early, it won't be done in the middle of a season. There will be a last game at the Coliseum whether it happens in 2015 or earlier.

And Nassau/TOH ditched the Islanders long before they announced the move to Brooklyn, so there's not a lot of love lost between some diehard fans and the locale.

Last edited:

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
Don't forget Nassau hired Ratner as a consultant on fixing the NVMC. Don't be surprised if there is a deal brokered to end the lease early based on Ratner's recommendations.

DarkHorse

Go Banana!
Jul 15, 2003
Don't forget Nassau hired Ratner as a consultant on fixing the NVMC. Don't be surprised if there is a deal brokered to end the lease early based on Ratner's recommendations.

And dont be surprised to see the SoundTigers move in.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
And dont be surprised to see the SoundTigers move in.

I don't know. I thought I read something about them having a long term lease in Bridgeport plus they have a pretty good set up being close to transportation and the Bluefish. I think NVMC might be to big for them it does cost just to turn the lights on.

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
I think 2013-2014 is the last for the Coliseum given that Ratner is doing a study on NVMC. I think he can broker an agreement to end the Isles lease a year early.

Ziggy16

Mar 1, 2005
the tigers wouldnt get moved to NVMC.. nor would wang want to when hes involved with the bport arena directly..

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
If I were a bettin' man, I'd say this is the last season for the Isles in Nassau.

Barclays is already hockey-ready, and Wang and Ratner are conspiring to break the lease at the NVMC.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
If I were a bettin' man, I'd say this is the last season for the Isles in Nassau.

Barclays is already hockey-ready, and Wang and Ratner are conspiring to break the lease at the NVMC.

It's supposedly hockey ready, but they also haven't staged a hockey game in there to test out the logistics yet. That was one of the things the pre-season game was for, but then the lockout happened. I think at the minimum, we see another year at the Coliseum while they do a pre-season game at Barclays and perhaps some college and charity games just to make sure that the arena is 100% ready to go for hockey before they drop the puck on an inaugural season in Brooklyn.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Yeah, the NHL and KHL were both supposed to have games at Barclays this year. A shame how that stuff doesn't always work out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad