Which Sabre is the most likely to rebound in 2018-19?

Which Sabre is the most likely to rebound in 2018-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Lots of Sabres had down years in 2017-18, due to various reasons.

A couple weren't even Sabres yet.

Without having to tear down the players you don't expect to rebound, vote on which player you think will have the best rebound in the 2018-19 season?

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
My rebound rankings:
1. Okposo
2. McCabe
3. Larsson

I like that list. But for some reason I see Girgensons having a chance. He just needs the right role and usage, and a rebound from years of losing. Reading and article about his being part of buying that USHL team, his old coach said that no one worked harder than Zemgus. I think it's still in him.

But as far as impact to the team, I think Kyle probably has the greatest next year. People forget he almost died at the end of the season before!

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I'm not hopeful for KO - he was fully practicing and training by early July last offseason, it's not like he was in a hospital until September, and he only got worse as the season went on. I'll never place my bets on the already-slow late-20s winger getting his hands and legs back miraculously. I guess it could happen, but I'll believe it when I see it.

McCabe OTOH looked to be developing okay before the Laine hit, like he could wind up a legitimately good NHL 3rd pairing D-man and not a guy you just try to hide there. He was hurt last season, right? So I think he gets back on that track, at least relative to the rest of those scrubs (and Berglund, who I don'tthink has much to "rebound" from, he looked normal last year as far as I can tell).

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I like that list. But for some reason I see Girgensons having a chance. He just needs the right role and usage, and a rebound from years of losing. Reading and article about his being part of buying that USHL team, his old coach said that no one worked harder than Zemgus. I think it's still in him.

But as far as impact to the team, I think Kyle probably has the greatest next year. People forget he almost died at the end of the season before!
If Girgensons has a strong season I'd consider it a breakout, not a rebound/bounceback. He's been pretty consistent over the last 3 seasons.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I think Larsson will have a larger role than many expect (3C D lifting, not 4C minutes), and fully 100% and a pain to play against.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Hunwick had concussion issues holding him back. Like Okposo, he may end up being perfectly fine this year for us.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
My top three potential rebounds are:

1) Bogosian
2) Okposo
3) McCabe

I think people have just written Bogo off, so much that we forget that he’s actually a good defenseman when he’s healthy. He was clearly the team’s best defenseman last preseason before getting hurt again.

His problem is staying healthy, but suppose he does stay healthy and plays around 70 games or so. That could be a big positive inpact on the team that no one is expecting.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
My top three potential rebounds are:

1) Bogosian
2) Okposo
3) McCabe

I think people have just written Bogo off, so much that we forget that he’s actually a good defenseman when he’s healthy. He was clearly the team’s best defenseman last preseason before getting hurt again.

His problem is staying healthy, but suppose he does stay healthy and plays around 70 games or so. That could be a big positive inpact on the team that no one is expecting.
I completely disagree. Beaulieu is the only thing keeping his processing at NHL speed from being the worst on our blue line.

I've never watched him be an objectively good NHL defenseman. I've only seen him look good compared to the worst of tank fodder.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Larsson can't rebound... he's always sucked ass

Then don't vote for him. In my original post I asked that people please stick to talking about the one they think will rebound the most, and not worry about those they don't.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
there's a long list of players who need to rebound in order to salvage their careers

not sure that's a good sign..

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
My top choice isn't even in the poll -- Sheary.

I was on the fence about including Sheary, and I didn't for two reasons - I didn't think he showed as bad last season as the others on the list, and I also saw him as an overwhelming favorite if I did put him on the list because of his assumed position on Jack's line. I think unless he completely loses it he should have a very good season.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017

Its mentioned every time his struggles last season are brought up so I don't think anyone has forgotten:laugh:. Okposo was my vote though (after Sheary).

Reactions: Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->