Which rounds do these 3 centres go in 2018 draft?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
As a Leaf fan, I have my eye on these 3 particular players in general and hope they're considered in rounds 2 and 3 for us.

Jay O'Brien
David Gustafsson
Ivan Morozov

Do you think they will be available around the Leafs picks at 52 and 83? Admittedly a lot of the info comes via scouting reports and just some U18 viewing but I am super intrigued with them.

Anyone have additional info or insight?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think there's a somewhat decent chance that O'Brien will be gone at 52. Gustafsson, I'd peg it as 50/50. I think Morozov will be available at 52, maybe 83. The other two I doubt will be available at 83.

Gustafsson has a decent chance to be a 4th line center. I'm not convinced he'll be much better than that. Doesn't have high end offensive skills and not a good skater. O'Brien is a wild card. Most haven't seen him play, and those that have won't have seen much of him against top level competition. But he has a good array of offensive skill, size, skating and defense. More of a scorer than playmaker, but he can do some of everything. I think he'd be a good selection at 52. Morozov is another "safe" center, but I like his offensive game more than Gustafsson. I think there's enough offense there to say he's likely a 3C with a small chance at being a 2C. 52 might be a slight reach. 83 would be a good place to pick him. I'm not even sure I'd pick Gustafsson at 83.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad