Speculation: Which rookies make it this year?

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Went with Keller, Strome, Fischer, Merkley, Wood, and MacInnis

I'm guessing only Fischer and possibly Strome will be the full-timers, the rest will be injury call-ups or up due to success in the A but then sent back down (unless they do well with the Coyotes)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I went with Keller, Fischer, and Strome as full-timers. I also think Merkley gets a cup of coffee.

I think I will wait until they have played a few exhibition games before I make a prediction.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Strome, Keller and Fischer as starters. Merkley up and down all season. A full timer next year.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
I'd put my money on Keller. I think Fischer stays down with Strome to develop chemistry. That said, I think both Strome and Fischer will be up and down between Tucson and Arizona this season.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Strome, Keller and Fischer as starters. Merkley up and down all season. A full timer next year.

I agree , thinking Keller and Strome start the season with the Yotes and then get sent down. Thinking Etem ends up playing instead.

I'd put my money on Keller. I think Fischer stays down with Strome to develop chemistry. That said, I think both Strome and Fischer will be up and down between Tucson and Arizona this season.

:laugh:Weren't most you guys saying Keller looks terrible, yet you have him making the team.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I'm with Jakey - too early. Unfortunately we just lost out on witnessing what I think was to be an important pre-season game.

Where's the outrage???

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
Not sure I understand the logic of posters who are saying only 1 rookie would make the big club at the start of the season. Who are you putting in our 12th forward spot? Etem?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
:laugh:Weren't most you guys saying Keller looks terrible, yet you have him making the team.

Not me. Perhaps you confused me with someone else who consistantly pans them? Not sure because I no longer read certain posts here. I have hopes that Strome is our Thornton, Keller is our Kane.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
interesting to see that Fischer is currently leading the pack out of Keller and Strome in most votes...

He's physically ready and has a solid pro season under his belts. Strome and Keller aren't quite physically where they need to be and as he who shall not be named would say "Derr a cupplah ammaderrs".

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I hope they reschedule the game to play somewhere.

Per the Coyotes: the game will not be rescheduled. They are offering season ticket holders the option of tickets to three weekday regular season games as replacement. Tickets I Doan need and frankly Doan even want.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I agree about Fischer, he seems to be more of the sure bet out of all 3, yet seemingly with the lowest upside in exchange. That's not a dig at Fish, the other two just have the potential to be superstars. I could see Fish being a 25-35-60 guy.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA

Well the question was "which ones make it this year?" so those of us who feel Keller might spend a bulk of the season in Tucson, can still vote that he "makes it." I'm guessing he'll get a decent number of starts (especially if we don't add any right-handed RWs along with possible injuries), possibly 25-30? Of course I would love to be proven wrong by the end of the season.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America

not me.. on both accounts..

I haven't seen enough of Keller in the camp to know if he has improved or not

I also don't think he should be with the big club.. I am mostly worried about him being hurt .. i also like everyone going the Domi route: " minors or juniors for the first 2 years"

I am thinking Strome should go down as well.

As I have said previously,, I would love to see a winning culture started in Tuscon , and slowly move guys up to the Big Leagues. Strome and Keller dominating in the AHL etc..

Especially , since as per Sarah's tweet, they have Strome is on the fourth line.

Fischer I think will earn a spot.. If Strome and Keller do make it , I hope it is earned , not an experiment.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Not me. Perhaps you confused me with someone else who consistantly pans them? Not sure because I no longer read certain posts here. I have hopes that Strome is our Thornton, Keller is our Kane.

That would be nice.:)

interesting to see that Fischer is currently leading the pack out of Keller and Strome in most votes...

I have no idea how anyone can determine anything by watching a practice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad