Player Discussion: Which rookie will stand out the most next year?

Who is the Lightning ROY

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Looks like 2021/2022 will be set up to feature three rookies; Boulet, Katchouk, and Raddysh. Of these three, who do you think will have the greatest impact and potentially be the next great Lightning upstart?

Boulet was given an opportunity to play on the top line last season and has the best pure offensive skill set of the three. With the offseason overhaul and potential reshuffling of the lines, will he get that opportunity on a scoring line again?

Katchouk has the best two way game of the three. Very physical, okay speed, decent hands, but mostly he's there to shadow the other teams top players add some gritty goals. His skills seem perfect for a shutdown role, but what will that look like next year and will he get to play with Cirelli?

Raddysh has the best combination of physical attributes and latent ability. An offensive threat from anywhere on the ice thanks to a scoring line caliber shot and above average passing ability, he's also a big boy who can make a living around the crease early on while adjusting to the NHL game.

Reactions: Peacefool

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I’m not sure who will look the best, but this is what I’m most looking forward to in the preseason. Cant wait to see how they’ve improved and ultimately what we have in those 3 guys.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Assuming we move Stamkos back to center, I think ABB is the guy with the best chance to flourish. Best offensive skill, and we SHOULD have scoring spots open for him.

I like the way he shoots the puck. And he can create chances. Might be interesting to see Stamkos paired with a guy like that. Maybe Killorn on the other side to facilitate.

Killorn - Stamkos - ABB

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Assuming we move Stamkos back to center, I think ABB is the guy with the best chance to flourish. Best offensive skill, and we SHOULD have scoring spots open for him.

I like the way he shoots the puck. And he can create chances. Might be interesting to see Stamkos paired with a guy like that. Maybe Killorn on the other side to facilitate.

Killorn - Stamkos - ABB
Very much doubt we move Stammer back to C

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I think ABB will put up the most points and find himself on a scoring line but Katchouk will be a fan favorite and shutdown type of guy who's value is really hard to gauge

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I dont know how much we can realistically expect from them. Abb played some games last year but technically still a rookie. Katchouk and Raddysh haven't played yet. No idea how they're going to be or how much they even play with tb this year. I think we will need one of those guys to shake out though. Feel like Colton will be interesting as a 2nd year pro in the NHL. Should have some confidence going for his performance last year and scoring the cup clinching goal.

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
I can see a scenario where Boris chips in with some solid scoring on the 3rd line as well as being a really effective PKer. Hopefully reducing the impact of the loss from Goody/Coleman/Gourde.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Koepke squeeze his way onto the team and make a real impact

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad