Which rebuilding team will win a Stanley Cup first?

Which rebuilding team will will a Stanley Cup first?

• Total voters

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Impossible to know, might aswell be a couple of decades before any of them win.

Reactions: Ivo

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
With Yzerman at helm, I really think the Wings can be back and contending rather quickly. I think they’ll get some deep runs in the mid-to-late 20’s.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kings. They have centers, they have a pretty good up and coming goalie, and Doughty will still be good for another 6-7 years, although they need to add another top pairing defensemen or two. They also have resources of a big organization.

Reactions: Puck Dogg and Ivo

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
I think the Sens have the best current core for the future, but similar to the Sabres, when your issue is your owner that's the toughest one to fix. For that reason, I chose Stevie Y and the Red Wings.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I actually voted Sabres.

No talent on any of those teams excite me more than Eichel and Dahlin - they are top 2. To me - the biggest ingredient is top tier talent to build on. They just won the #1 pick. I know they suck real bad, and have for a while - but I still think building a winning team around this duo is doable.

We'll see. I almost went Detroit out of respect for Yzerman as a GM

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
I picked the Red Wings based on the Stevie Y factor.

Look what he did helping to turn around a former joke of a franchise in Tampa Bay.
His methods with the Lightning were NOT fluky, lucky, or anything of the sort...though obviously some things did have to fall right as well.

He is methodical, intelligent, ambitious without letting impatience get in the way, and he knows EXACTLY what he wants to build and goes about doing it, hiring people that can help him do it, and providing players to the coaches that can do it, while shipping out those that don't.

And his trade methods are also long term thinking type deals.
Sometimes, a deal of his may look ridiculous at first, but then we all see later on.......

Basically, what I am saying is, Detroit is in good hands with Yzerman and that franchise can expect to return to its former glory sooner than later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->