Which prospects will step in right away?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I think there's 5-6-7 that COULD. (Landy, Larsson, Huberdeau, RNH, Mika Z, Couturier)

But in the end I bet only two do....Landy and RNH with Larsson staying in Europe.

Analyzer*

Some GMS/Scouts apparently told Beaulieu he could be ready this year. They could have meant for their team

Markov - Yemelin
Gill - Gorges*
Spacek - Subban
Weber* - Diaz

* = RFA

I don't see him beating any of them. I don't see the habs wanting to rush him. The habs tend to let their prospect develop now... Finally.

However, right now he's probably better than Spacek.

Gauthier said Nygren (due to his age) is a player they could bring over soon to help get adapted to North American ice, but he didn't say this year.

RNH could make the team, but I wouldn't force him to.Landeskog will. Huberdeau very well could be on the Panthers. Larsson, probably. Zibanejad I think will. I believe Schenn gets on the flyers and Couturier waits.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
RNH, Landy, Huberdeau, and Larsson make it. Strome and Couturier get the 9 game tryout. Sleeper: Brodin- don't know what his contract status in Sweden is but have a feeling Minny might rush him. Not saying he'll play the full season, buy maybe a 9 game tryout

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
RNH, Landy, Huberdeau, and Larsson make it. Strome and Couturier get the 9 game tryout. Sleeper: Brodin- don't know what his contract status in Sweden is but have a feeling Minny might rush him. Not saying he'll play the full season, buy maybe a 9 game tryout

He's got a contract as do all the Swedish prospects, but clubs have until August 15th to sign them if they're drafted that year, other Swedish prospects is June 15th.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
I'm pretty sure that Hamilton could play next to Chara and not be terrible but I don't think that's the best course for him to develop.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I can see all of the top 4 making it. Outside that I really don't know who makes it, guess it depends on their training camps.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
From a Sens perspective I think that both Puempel and Zibanejad have a chance of making it. Jadzy because he's already been playing with men, is big and brings a lot of energy. I think he'll develop better by making the jump to the NHL right away with his skillset. Puempel is more of an outside chance but he has such a natural scoring ability and he isn't small, either. Not to mention he's a decent size already. I also think Noesen could find an energy role, but he is more likely to spend another season or two in the juniors.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Couturier would be playing if the Flyers didn't have Schenn.

Schenn will play on the third line and that's really the only spot Couturier could take.

Well I guess you'll have the chance to see those two guys battling out at training camp. Anything is possible. Couturier has size and puck protection..assets more specific for a 3rd line center than Schenn. Philadelphia can always move on of them to the wing. Paul Holmgren seems to really like Couturier and also, young players are perfect for the cap space.

As for the Habs, Nathan Beaulieu, if he weren't on our team, he would have a chance making another team's line up. I think he's NHL ready.

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010
From a Sens perspective I think that both Puempel and Zibanejad have a chance of making it. Jadzy because he's already been playing with men, is big and brings a lot of energy. I think he'll develop better by making the jump to the NHL right away with his skillset. Puempel is more of an outside chance but he has such a natural scoring ability and he isn't small, either. Not to mention he's a decent size already. I also think Noesen could find an energy role, but he is more likely to spend another season or two in the juniors.

Why the **** are we calling hmi Jadzy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad