Which prospects will make their NHL debuts this season

Which players will make their NHL debut this year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Slightly off topic question: Are airhook goals not allowed in the NHL or why did I never see one? I know there's less space than in Europe but still...
Just wondering because Praplan absolutely loves the move. Scored several airhook goals already. I think it's called the Michigan or something like that in NA.

NiWa

Nov 27, 2003
Ireland
Slightly off topic question: Are airhook goals not allowed in the NHL or why did I never see one? I know there's less space than in Europe but still...
Just wondering because Praplan absolutely loves the move. Scored several airhook goals already. I think it's called the Michigan or something like that in NA.
As far as I know, it is indeed known as the Michigan goal in the US. Mike Legg was probably the first one to pull it off in a televised game with high stakes.

The reason you see is a lot less is like you imagined. Due to the smaller rinks having less space, it leads to having less time...

Would be great to see Praplan pull that off in an NHL game though. :)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
As far as I know, it is indeed known as the Michigan goal in the US. Mike Legg was probably the first one to pull it off in a televised game with high stakes.

The reason you see is a lot less is like you imagined. Due to the smaller rinks having less space, it leads to having less time...

Would be great to see Praplan pull that off in an NHL game though. :)

Thanks. It's obviously much more difficult in the NHL but I've never seen a failed attempt in Switzerland or anywhere in Europe. Those who're able to do it can pull it off anytime if given time and space so it's curious to me that nobody ever scored one in the NHL. You don't often have time and space but there are always opportunities. Has to happen at some point if allowed:nod:

Reactions: NiWa

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Thanks. It's obviously much more difficult in the NHL but I've never seen a failed attempt in Switzerland or anywhere in Europe. Those who're able to do it can pull it off anytime if given time and space so it's curious to me that nobody ever scored one in the NHL. You don't often have time and space but there are always opportunities. Has to happen at some point if allowed:nod:

Didn’t Forsberg almost score one on us this year? Or am I thinking of some other ridiculous move?

Reactions: NiWa

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Didn’t Forsberg almost score one on us this year? Or am I thinking of some other ridiculous move?

Couldn't tell to be honest. But surely some of the skilled guys pratice that move from time to time just for fun. Sidney Crosby or Mikael Granlund scored like that already...just not in the NHL. It's obviously difficult but could be a surprising option on a breakaway for example:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->