Which prospects will get the nod....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Rita is 99% guaranteed some actual playing time with his one way contract. Lynch, Woywitka, and Bishai will be fillins in case of injuries or sucessful camps. Schremp is anybody's guess.

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Habs

for the habs, Hossa shold make it, i'm hoping he takes dagenais spot on the 2nd line with riberio and ryder. Hainsey should also crack the top six defence. Then one of kostisyn, perezhogin, higgins or plekcanek should make it, i'm guessing perezhogin will be there cause he may have no other option in NA, but plekcanek and higgins are also ready, kostitsyn slim, he's got the skills but i really hope they atleast start him off in the ahl.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Carlo Colaicovo should crack the Leafs this year unless Quinn has a bone to pick with him about hitting on his daughter or something stupid like that. Hard to believe that Aki Berg would be a better d-man on that team.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
The Bruins could have quite a few rookies in their lineup if they don't start signing some UFA's:

-Andy Hilbert (not sure if he is technically a rookie or Calder eligible) played well in a limited role in the playoffs and should make the team full-time.
-Milan Jurcina had a solid first season in the AHL last season and could make the big club as the 6th or 7th defemseman.
-Brad Boyes could be forced into playing in the NHL seeing as how Joe Thornton is the only center the Bruins currently have under contract.
-Sergei Zinovjev played a few games in Boston last season before deciding to return to Russia. He definitely has the skill to play in the NHL...it's just a matter of whether he wants it bad enough.
-Martin Samuelsson seemed to regress a bit last season in Providence but his speed and grit could help out the B's 3rd or 4th line.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Pretty well just Phaneuf this year, if he can push some players off this blueline, which he very well may, after watching the pre-season last year, he may have pushed them off then actually, numbers could hold him back.

Another is apparently Brent Krahn will be given a chance to take the back-up job from Turek, according to an interview with ESPN.com that Darryl Sutter gave.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
eddy said:
for the habs, Hossa shold make it, i'm hoping he takes dagenais spot on the 2nd line with riberio and ryder. Hainsey should also crack the top six defence. Then one of kostisyn, perezhogin, higgins or plekcanek should make it, i'm guessing perezhogin will be there cause he may have no other option in NA, but plekcanek and higgins are also ready, kostitsyn slim, he's got the skills but i really hope they atleast start him off in the ahl.

With the lock out, only Hainsey, Hossa and Perezhogin won't be 'starting in the AHL'....... but in any case, Habs will be forced to play, at equal talent, Hossa and Perezhogin before Kostistyn.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
BronxBruin said:
The Bruins could have quite a few rookies in their lineup if they don't start signing some UFA's:

-Andy Hilbert (not sure if he is technically a rookie or Calder eligible) played well in a limited role in the playoffs and should make the team full-time.
-Milan Jurcina had a solid first season in the AHL last season and could make the big club as the 6th or 7th defemseman.
-Brad Boyes could be forced into playing in the NHL seeing as how Joe Thornton is the only center the Bruins currently have under contract.
-Sergei Zinovjev played a few games in Boston last season before deciding to return to Russia. He definitely has the skill to play in the NHL...it's just a matter of whether he wants it bad enough.
-Martin Samuelsson seemed to regress a bit last season in Providence but his speed and grit could help out the B's 3rd or 4th line.

Patrice Bergeron should be put back at his natural position: center. He has a great vision of the play and with Rolson and Nylander now gone, I hope for the Bruins to see him centering the second line.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
kruezer said:
Pretty well just Phaneuf this year, if he can push some players off this blueline, which he very well may, after watching the pre-season last year, he may have pushed them off then actually, numbers could hold him back.

Another is apparently Brent Krahn will be given a chance to take the back-up job from Turek, according to an interview with ESPN.com that Darryl Sutter gave.

With all the defensmen Calgary has and with the fact that Phaneuf will enter is first Pro season, I have difficulty to imagine him playing with the big club before February.

infinitesadd

May 15, 2004
Pittsburgh
Fleury will be playing a lot for the Pens this year, I think he is still technically a prospect. Chiodo and Caron will also Platoon in the NHL.

I think that Whitney will be seeing action, maybe not fulltime, but a lot. No other prospect defenseman will play for the pens in the NHL this year, except on an emergency basis. That would be my guess as far as D.

Forwards are a bit more muddy. Talbot, Eaves, Endicott, Armstrong, Beech could all be playing a full year up there (although obviously not at the same time). I think they could all have a chance to make the team. It all depends on if the Penguins sign another UFA or not, but a another slot is open with Morozov leaving.

blah

Jun 24, 2003
The Flyers have no room at either wing on the 3rd or 4th line for Eager barring injury of course. It's also unlikely Richards makes it if Carter makes it.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Antti Miettinen, John Erskine, Trevor Daley, Junior Lessard and Dan Ellis are pretty much pencilled in already. Steve Ott and Jaroslav Svoboda as well, but neither are rookies or prospects.. Dan Jancevski and Mattias TJarnqvist have an outside chance..

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
tjutin and balej are locks for the rangers barring horrendous camps...kondratiev also sounds like he's a lock, the way the rangers brass have talked about him. garth murray is most likely a go, and you could see someone like giroux or moore in the lineup as well to help fill out the 3rd and 4th lines. pock is kind of an outside chance i think...sounds like the rangers are planning on choosing kondratiev over him if it comes down to a choice between them (though if pock plays a lot better than max in training camp, he'd probably get the spot) but if the rangers don't pick up another vet defenseman...he could be in the lineup (kind of a shakey D in that instance but hey)

way outside chance is a guy like petr prucha, who is still listening to offers from the rangers but is likely to stay in the czech republic another year.

oh yeah...labarbera might get a shot at the backup position as well...might depend on blackburns recovery timetable and if the pack needs a goalie till blackburn is better...but they still have valiquette and osaer for hartford if blackburn isn't quite ready to go, i think.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Habs...

sure bets:Hainsey, Hossa

on the bubble:Plekanec, Higgins, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn and Beauchemin...

Hainsey and Hossa will make the team, in what capacity they play, is up to them...

Perezhogin will likely start the season in the NHL and serve a suspension handed down by the NHL, the only reason he wouldn't be in MTL this season is if he really stinks it up at training camp...

Plekanec and Higgins, both are probably ready, Plekanec being the most ready NHL prospect the Habs have IMO, but I don't think the Habs can afford to have both players start the season in MTL, look for Plekanec to start off in MTL and Higgins to be called up for good later on in the year...

Kostitsyn, will all but surely start the year in the AHL unless he really blows everyones socks off at training camp and in preseason, which he is quite capable of doing...

Beauchemin, will have to battle it out in trainig camp with Hainsey and Bouillon for the 6th or 7th defensman

guitaraholic*

St.Louis has openings on the wing. Jon DiSalvatore seems to be a likely candidate to get a shot. Sejna as well of course. After that.... not much. Maybe, maybe John Pohl but who knows. Certainly no defenseman other than the 30 year old Andy "Let's smoke that" Roach stands a shot.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
For the Canucks the only two will be Alex Auld and Ryan Kesler (and I'mnot sure if he still counts).

MOOSE55

Mar 28, 2003
BARRIE, ONT
Visit site
Legionnaire said:
For the Kings, I'd say both Noah Clarke Greg Hogeboom and Ryan Flinn should get a shot.

HF still considers Brown a prospect so he's a lock. I can see Grebeshov with full time duties by seasons end also. Flinn is enforcer by default so he's a lock (Brennen was traded). I agree with Clarke and Hogeboom, but I see them with minimal time because they will fight for spots with guys like Cammy,Barney (both are better players), as well as Kanko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->