Which players would you trade for a 7th rounder.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
We have a ton of guys who are not playing upto snuff these days and I've seen a ton of people calling them out... so here we are.

Which of these players would you trade for a 7th rounder just to get them and their cap hit off of the team?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Korpikoski, Schultz, Purcell.

Meaning if we can't get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th rounder for these players, I'd take a 7th.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Korpikoski, Schultz, Purcell.

Meaning if we can't get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th rounder for these players, I'd take a 7th.

What would you expect to get?

I think we'd be lucky to get a 5th rounder on Schultz if we retained 1/2 of his salary.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
What would you expect to get?

I think we'd be lucky to get a 5th rounder on Schultz if we retained 1/2 of his salary.

I doubt anyone will trade for Korpi. He's waiver fodder. Schultz I'd agree with you. We might get lucky with a playoff team looking for some sort of offensive defenceman (lol) and they might do something like a 3rd round pick. Very doubtful though.

Purcell can return a 2nd I believe. Maybe even two depending on who's available.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
if you're trading a player for a 7th rounder, you're basically just dumping cap space.

So:
- Ference
- Nikitin
- Korpikoski
- Fayne
- Hunt

I wouldn't trade Purcell, Gryba or Schultz for less than a 4th round pick.

Klinkhammer is close (and I wouldn't be upset if he was traded for one), but he's cheap and provides depth.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
if you're trading a player for a 7th rounder, you're basically just dumping cap space.

So:
- Ference
- Nikitin
- Korpikoski
- Fayne
- Hunt

I wouldn't trade Purcell, Gryba or Schultz for less than a 4th round pick.

Klinkhammer is close (and I wouldn't be upset if he was traded for one), but he's cheap and provides depth.

I can't stand Pouliot's lack of consistency. I'd trade him for a 7th rounder if we didn't have to eat a contract. I'd rather give Pacman, Hendricks or Kassian Pouliot's minutes because they at least work their ***** off consistently.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I can't stand Pouliot's lack of consistency. I'd trade him for a 7th rounder if we didn't have to eat a contract. I'd rather give Pacman, Hendricks or Kassian Pouliot's minutes because they at least work their ***** off consistently.

there's always Tennis. :naughty:

The Joker*

Schultz and Nikitin.

Would give up a 7th to get rid of Nikitin.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Aside from the obvious candidates, I would trade Poo for a 7th this summer IF, we knew we had a better replacement coming in Lucic or Eriksson

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'm glad you're not running this team.

I get you, but he costs us so many goals. There are so many fringe NHLers that would have done much better in his place because he wouldn't have cost us so many goals while scoring just as few points.

Same with Justin Schultz. He can make nice passes now and then but his scores nothing compared to the number of goals and turnovers that he costs us.

If I was a moneyball manager I'd be using tough scrubs instead of Yakupov and Schultz.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Aside from the obvious candidates, I would trade Poo for a 7th this summer IF, we knew we had a better replacement coming in Lucic or Eriksson

What if we don't have a good replacement? Isn't it better knowing that we have a guy like Kassian or Pacman giving us a much more consistent effort?

That's essentially why the Rangers didn't resign him. When he feels like playing he's a really solid player in a lot of situations, but if he doesn't have the motivation to be at his best he's pretty much like Dustin Penner with even less offensive upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad