Which players would be superstars no matter what team they play on?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Jonathan Quick might struggle?

Kings fans have stated that Sutter's defense-first philosophy stunts the offensive production of guys like Doughty, so the corollary might be that it benefits their goaltender.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Well Kessel was able to score with the likes of Joey Crabb, Matt Stajan, etc.

He was also responsible for Bozak's career, and its no coincidence that Lupul and JVR had career years on his off-wing.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Some players actually do a lot better on poor teams. Not as much depth to compete with, and somebody has to score. So I think the opposite happens in a lot of cases. There are depth guys getting lost in the shuffle on good teams who would light it up with poor teams.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Some players actually do a lot better on poor teams. Not as much depth to compete with, and somebody has to score. So I think the opposite happens in a lot of cases. There are depth guys on good teams who would light it up with poor teams.

Some goalies put up ridiculous statistics when they see a lot of shots - and then when they go to stingy teams, they allow deflating goals when they don't see as much action, and the stats aren't as good.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
i agree,

and the answer is Toews, Keith, Quick, Rask

The two best, most important players on Chicago are only superstars because they play for Chicago?

That's pretty backwards.

You can at least make a reasonable argument for the two goalies, since we have scores of examples showing that goalies can be products of systems (although I would disagree with these two as well).

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Nash has shown that he can be a superstar with both the best and the worst teams.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Nash hardly qualifies as a superstar imo. He played on a bad team in CBJ but I bet you his stats were inflated from being the only option offensively on the team. He most likely saw a ton of ice time, loads of time on the pp, CBJ players probably gave him the puck a lot more than if they had more than one really good player. He's shooting about 20% on the season, which is much higher an his career average. He also was lousy last season and has only reached ppg for a year twice.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
i agree,

and the answer is Toews, Keith, Quick, Rask

You do realize that without Toews and Keith the Hawks aren't nearly as good as they are? How in the world are they only superstars because of the team they play for when they're a huge part of the teams success in the first place... :shakehead

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
If you're a superstar, you're a superstar no matter where you play. Maybe some stats would take a hit, but the skill would still be there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad