Which players under 25 have the potential to score 100 points in a season?

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Man look into your local community college Math courses. Not sure how you’re getting by in day to day life without being able to figure this out.

I’m not sure what’s wrong with the math, unless you wanted me to be more specific with 24.25 percent of his points in the first 7 games.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Ok, so a guy who is on pace for a 93 point season (in his 3rd year) is hard for you to imagine as a 100 point guy? That is about as credible as plus minus.

Basically he needs to stay healthy (big if) and have Nylander at camp.
All these on paced for talk for Matthews. Reality is that guy has never even cracked 70 points.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Ok, so a guy who is on pace for a 93 point season (in his 3rd year) is hard for you to imagine as a 100 point guy? That is about as credible as plus minus.

All these on paced for talk for Matthews. Reality is that guy has never even cracked 70 points.

Howard Beale

Apr 7, 2010
Dahlin is a great defenceman but he’s not getting anywhere near 100 pts
It's definitely a longshot, but my thinking is that Karlsson scored 82 points, in a lower-scoring NHL season, which was good enough for 5th in the NHL. And that was with a weak supporting cast (the 2nd-highest scorer on his team had 61 points).

Considering how good Dahlin is as an 18 year old, it's entirely possible he might match Karlsson's offensive peak. And with a stronger supporting cast (potentially a 100+ point Eichel), and a higher-scoring overall environment in the NHL, that might give him a chance to hit 100. If a defenseman was 5th in the league in scoring this season, they could hit 100.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
So this makes you incapable of measuring his obvious talent. We get it. Strange some people out West (for some unknown reason) can only tell if a player is good by looking at their season totals. It's a sad disability that hopefully our Federal government will address. Until then I would suggest staying off message boards with people who watch hockey and can see talent and instead just compare point totals with your pool buddies.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
So this makes you incapable of measuring his obvious talent. We get it. Strange some people out West (for some unknown reason) can only tell if a player is good by looking at their season totals. It's a sad disability that hopefully our Federal government will address. Until then I would suggest staying off message boards with people who watch hockey and can see talent and instead just compare point totals with your pool buddies.
I mean you should HOPE that he hits 100 points with that absolutely joke of a horrendous contract he was given :laugh:

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I mean you should HOPE that he hits 100 points with that absolutely joke of a horrendous contract he was given :laugh:
2nd best goal scorer since entering the league shockingly gets paid like other top young RFA's in proportion to the Cap rise.

Only in Western Canada would this be confusing.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
2nd best goal scorer since entering the league shockingly gets paid like other top young RFA's in proportion to the Cap rise.

Only in Western Canada would this be confusing.
-Highest cap hit behind McDavid
-Only buys 1 UFA Year
-NMC in his final year
-Contract is basically paid in pure bonuses

This all for a player to never have hit 70 points, did you seriously convince yourself that's a good contract?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
All I need do is look at your location and I can see why you probably ignore the evidence it is very possible. Edmonton and Matthews....always a good mix.

Matthews is about to crack 70 points for the first time in his career...let's aim for 80 before 100. Gotta crawl before you learn to walk, right?

Only in the GTA do people think he's as good as McDavid.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
-Highest cap hit behind McDavid
-Only buys 1 UFA Year
-NMC in his final year
-Contract is basically paid in pure bonuses

This all for a player to never have hit 70 points, did you seriously convince yourself that's a good contract?
I know. Crazy huh that talent and top 2 goal production gets treated like an elite player. We get it. Players who get hurt should not be paid according to their talent and should be treated as if they are 60 point players over 82 games. I'm sure that is how it work on your team.

Just give up. You are basically arguing you do not understand the NHL economy which is your problem, not ours. You are trying way to hard to seem stupid in these posts. The term disingenuous comes to mind.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I know. Crazy huh that talent and top 2 goal production gets treated like an elite player. We get it. Players who get hurt should not be paid according to their talent and should be treated as if they are 60 point players over 82 games. I'm sure that is how it work on your team.

Just give up. You are basically arguing you do not understand the NHL economy which is your problem, not ours. You are trying way to hard to seem stupid in these posts. The term disingenuous comes to mind.
I mean you can definitely use that to negotiate with the player, but Dubas has shown that he is a terrible negotiator from the Nylander and Matthews contract. Can't wait to see Marner's 11M contract :laugh: TBH Marner is probably more worthy of Matthew's contract than he is.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I believe Debrincat will have a few 50 goal seasons. If he does he could break 100 its, especially as the Hawks improve.

It could happen before he hits 25.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If Stamkos plays a full year like he did in the last 3 quarters of this year he will hit 100.

Muikea Bulju

Oct 11, 2018

Auston Matthews PPG graph in every game streak.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->