Which players take the next step in 2014-2015?

Keifer

May 8, 2012
I like to think Zack Kassion reaches the 20 goal Mark and 30 assists next season. If the end of last season was any indication, then maybe he continues to rack up points more consistently then last season? 50 points for him is possible in my opinion.

Nicklas Jensen I think should remain on the roster heading into next season. I also think he could get close or over 20 goals this year, he will improve with the sedins if they keep him on their line to start the season.

Chris Tanev definitely takes another step offensively this year, continues to remain solid on defense.

Maybe with a few young players having great seasons, the fans will become hopeful again.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Tanev, 25+ points. Becomes widely recognized as a true shutdown dman.

Kassian, 20g 45+ points. More physically imposing.

Lack becomes a legit backup, starter promise.

Jensen as a wildcard.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Kassian point wise for sure, and then I think Horvat has to take a step up. Whether its being brought up and being an NHL starter on the 3rd line or just dominating youngings in the minors.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Kassian point wise for sure, and then I think Horvat has to take a step up. Whether its being brought up and being an NHL starter on the 3rd line or just dominating youngings in the minors.

I would agree with this. I also think we need Bonino to step up. Not points wise but being able to play harder minutes than he has thus far. He'll never win the Selke, but if he can play head to head with other 2nd/3rd lines that would go a long way.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Would put good money on Kassian leading the team in goals. I mean who the heck else is gonna score?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Well .... not Lack anymore. :( If we gave him the reins as a starter, I was expecting big things.

If Kassian maintains his ES production and finally has a coach smart enough to give him regular PP time, he'll jump in the 40-45 point range at least.

Tanev's numbers will probably go up as well because we have nobody else to play the point on the #2 PP. Do expect his overall game to continue to improve and people to finally realize how good he is.

Vey is going to be handed a top-9 spot, so will be an important player here one way or another. Hopefully he steps up and can score 25 ES points.

Jensen needs more AHL time. He looked brutal last year when he wasn't with the Sedins. And brutal for most of the year in the AHL.

Canuckz

Jul 8, 2012
Would put good money on Kassian leading the team in goals. I mean who the heck else is gonna score?

Agreed, he did quite well given last season with limited minutes and Booth "I can't score for 32 games" as his primary linemate.

Keifer

May 8, 2012
What does everyone think of Dane fox? Is there any chance he can score 20 in the nhl?

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
For all the crap Torts gets, I think he did really well with Kassian and it's gonna show this season. He didn't have him out parked in the slot waiting on twin passes. He put him with linemates that forced him to take control, which is exactly what we should want outta a guy his size and with his skizzlez.

In 2014 he looked like a new man, was getting the puck himself, starting the cycle, had a good balance of passing-shooting attempts. Then when he was slowly incorporated into the PP late in the season, he looked like a rookie QB out there.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
What does everyone think of Dane fox? Is there any chance he can score 20 in the nhl?

Highly unlikely.

He's an average prospect who had huge numbers because he stayed at a lower level too long. He's almost certainly spending the year in the AHL.

Canuckz

Jul 8, 2012
Highly unlikely.

He's an average prospect who had huge numbers because he stayed at a lower level too long. He's almost certainly spending the year in the AHL.

The thing is you didn't see other overagers putting up those kind of numbers. He has a great shot, gritty and something to prove. Several talking heads have mentioned these points on 1040 when people have asked this question on 1040 call-ins.

I think if he has a great camp or puts up good numbers in UTICA, he will definitely get a chance. I think he is vastly underestimated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad