Which player will reach 500 points first?

Which player will reach 500 points first?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Pastrnak's linemates are going to be 35 and 32 next year; there's only so long they will maintain at the same level. Keefe also isn't the dinosaur that Babcock was. Matthews should enjoy more opportunity moving forward; it already started this year. Players also usually improve from their pre-prime levels through their primes, especially from a relatively down year affected by a lot of external factors.

I actually haven't talked about Pastrnak's first 2 seasons at all.

He's a great player, and I chose Pastrnak for this poll, but lol, no.

Marchand is literally coming off his second season in a row on pace for 100 points, and Bergeron just had his third 30 goal season in a row. You guys have been predicting there demise every year for 3 years now. I don't see them falling immediately off a cliff like you guys predict every year. Maybe next season Pasta will play as much as Matthews currently does.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Who was saying that about Bergeron and Marchand 3 years ago? I doubt t anybody because one would have been in his late 20's and the other would have just met the wrong side of 30 so relax with the hyperbole.

What do their draft positions have to do with anything? Like I said, I can go on about how Babs made dumb line up decisions with Matthews but what fun is arguing hypotheticals about how much worse one player had it than the other?

And when did I say Pasta was done getting better? Why are you making stuff up to be mad at?
I only said that Matthew's isnt done getting better and literally disnt mention Pasta or Matthews age. I mentioned Bergeron and Marchands age because they will be a factor sooner rather than later

Matthews isnt done getting better and hes younger than Pasta. Pastas linemates in Bergeron and Matchand will age out soon and wingers are more reliant on their linemates than centers are. Pasta is also on probably the best line he will ever play on whereas Matthews has Nylander and Marner who are signed long term with him.
Pasta has the more favourable line and opportunity right now but I think that's going to change fast as Bergeron is a month away from 35 and Marchand is 32 whereas Marner and Nylander just turned 23 and 24

Domt get me started on who Babs played with Auston and the amount of minutes he got compared to other stars.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Marchand is literally coming off his second season in a row on pace for 100 points, and Bergeron just had his third 30 goal season in a row. You guys have been predicting there demise every year for 3 years now. I don't see them falling immediately off a cliff like you guys predict every year.
Did I predict their demise 3 years ago? No.
Did I say they would "fall immediately off a cliff"? No.
Is there reason to doubt that they will both maintain this current level of play for the next 2 years? Yes.
Is there reason to believe that Matthews' raw production will improve as he enters his prime and gets more opportunity? Yes.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Did I predict their demise 3 years ago? No.
Did I say they would "fall immediately off a cliff"? No.
Is there reason to doubt that they will both maintain this current level of play for the next 2 years? Yes.

Will the Atlantic have 5 playoff teams this coming season?

Here's you last off-season saying you doubt that Marchand and Bergeron would have repeat success.

Maybe Marchand, at age 31-32, will put up career best numbers again.
Maybe Bergeron, at age 34, will put up career best numbers 25% better than any other year again.

Maybe. I doubt it

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Well that's embarassing lmao.

Regardless, care to respond to the rest of my post?

To danpantz. It wouldnt let me quote your post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad