Which player(s) will be a careerlong member of their team?

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Saku was 3 years younger when he went to the Ducks, than Mikko will be when he's a UFA again.

And Saku had the draw of Teemu in Anaheim, that there isn't really a comparable to for Mikko.

Montreal basically fired him though, didn't offer him a contract even though he was still productive and would've signed a reasonable deal. Bob Gainey did not like the veteran leadership in the room after the centennial season collapsed and turfed the whole lot.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Thought the same of his brother and the Habs.

Me too at the time. But there's always that aspect of the game, which is something that could definitely happen to Mikko too: a team with a need to get younger, rebuild and blow up their roster. Or a lifelong player wants to leave to a cup contender to chase the ultimate goal. I have a feeling though that as long as Mikko wants to stay in Minnesota the team will allow it.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
I would not put my money on either Kane or Toews... bad contracts but we see bad contract moved every year... and the Habs are always looking for a #1 C :P

You meant that if either one suffers career-ending injury he would be traded to Arizona.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad