Which player(s) will be a careerlong member of their team?

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
He said he could see all 5 leaving. He clearly didn't mean they would all leave but he could see an argument for each person leaving in their career.

Come on now.

That's a cop out. He said he sees all 5 leaving, dont try to weasel out. Stand behind your statements.

There is literally an argument for every single player in the NHL leaving, to say otherwise is daft. He was stirring the pot and your damn well know it.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
After what happened with Vinny Lecavalier and that POS Tavares I'll say none. I've lost faith that it will happen again because either the owner or player will change their minds at some point.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Not many teams need a soon to be 33 year old goalie, with some injuries, who already takes up $6m under the cap, and who is signed until 2023. Goalies also aren't worth a ton, in trades. Especially older goalies. Only one can play at any given time.
You never really know, you have Toronto, Calgary, Dallas, Boston and St. Louis at minimum that all have high expectations but weak goaltending that could easily pull the trigger on a healthy and serviceable Quick near the deadline, and depending on what form he's in coming back from injury he could easily net a 15-31 1st.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
You never really know, you have Toronto, Calgary, Dallas, Boston and St. Louis at minimum that all have high expectations but weak goaltending that could easily pull the trigger on a healthy and serviceable Quick near the deadline, and depending on what form he's in coming back from injury he could easily net a 15-31 1st.

When did Andersen become weak?

We do not want or need quick unless Andersen goes down.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
If Edmonton doesn't start winning soon I can see McDavid pulling a Tavares. Not necessarily the Leafs as I don't think they would be able to afford him but I can see him going somewhere to win. If they start becoming a perennial contender then that would obviously change things.

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
What? I could see all of these guys leaving at some point, Gardiner could be gone next year.

That's a cop out. He said he sees all 5 leaving, dont try to weasel out. Stand behind your statements.

There is literally an argument for every single player in the NHL leaving, to say otherwise is daft. He was stirring the pot and your damn well know it.

I quite clearly said ‘could’. I’m a leafs fan dude so your whole argument about stirring the pot is stupid.

It’s completely realistic that any or all those players could be traded or sign elsewhere. I wouldn’t want my core to be 35+ Matthews Kadri Gardiner Reilly and Marner in 15 years. Teams evolve over time. If that’s still our core in 15 years there is a good chance we’ll be awful. I’m not sure what you’re missing here and I’m trying to figure out why that has you so upset lmao.

Reactions: Diddy

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I quite clearly said ‘could’. I’m a leafs fan dude so your whole argument about stirring the pot is stupid.

It’s completely realistic that any or all those players could be traded or sign elsewhere. I wouldn’t want my core to be 35+ Matthews Kadri Gardiner Reilly and Marner in 15 years. Teams evolve over time. If that’s still our core in 15 years there is a good chance we’ll be awful. I’m not sure what you’re missing here and I’m trying to figure out why that has you so upset lmao.

All players everywhere could leave. So let's just leave it at, there are no players that will likely play their whole career in one jersey. Because they could all leave.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Rinne will likely be a Pred for life. He'll get another ~2yr contract and phase out to let Saros step-in. From both a sentimental and competitive standpoint, NSH makes sense. Generally a contender and his home from draft to now. Management seems aligned with that notion.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
All players everywhere could leave. So let's just leave it at, there are no players that will likely play their whole career in one jersey. Because they could all leave.

Yes, that's how UFA works. OP asked for "likeky", not 100% certain.

Not sure how he stirred the pot. We've got two posters talking about McDavid leaving it we continue to suck, no one is blaming them for stirring the pot because it's true. Saying one/all 5 players of a core could leave at some point is hardly controversial. Heck, no one saw what's happening with Nylander coming. He isnt even UFA yet....

Never thought I'd see Ignla move, the Alberta boy himself

Reactions: Big Cactus

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Kopitar Brown and Doughty on the Kings.

Or at least 2 of the 3

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
On the Canucks, I'd say Edler. He's been adamant about not waiving his no-trade. Tanev will move on eventually. Everyone else that started with the Canucks are far too young to predict right now.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
How bout Patrice Bergeron? lol He has more years with same team right now then anyone on that list.

Bergeron is the most glaring omission as he's one of very few players you can't imagine in another sweater but...

Pavelski, D. Brown,Krejci, etc. have played a lot of games with their original team also and - ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad