Which player(s) will be a careerlong member of their team?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Hard to say for the Preds tbh.

I feel like Rinne is the only one that's surefire especially if he takes a discount to stay here. Other than that, I can quite easily see any/all of our players leaving/being traded at some point. Some in the near future, others in the far far future.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
It's really like 50:1 or lower for Ovechkin or Carlson to play for another NHL team, Backstrom like 6:1

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
I'd go with Ovi as well. He's loaded via his contract plus his endorsements and got DC it's first cup. I could even see him taking a decent discount on his next contract to retire as a Cap. This is his team until he retires.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I can really see Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin staying there for their entire careers.

I know that a lot of players say this, and it's kind of rare for a player to say that he doesn't want to play for the team that he's currently on, but Malkin has said multiple times that he wants to stay in Pittsburgh.

I don't see why Malkin would leave. He's already won 3 cups, so I don't see a reason for him to cup-chase. He is able to play a superstar role, without having to be the face of his team, he draws 2nd line match-ups most of the time which opens it up for him, he plays for a franchise with a reputation for treating players very well, which is headed up by one of the greatest hockey players of all time.

As for Sid, he is just the consummate professional, He's beloved in the city, he's won 3 cups and many individual trophies, he loves helping to bring in young, new players, he can pretty much get whatever he wants in this city. He doesn't seem to mind being the face of the franchise. I think he'll follow in Mario's footsteps and stick with the organization for the long haul. Maybe even in his post-playing career.

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I'd go with Ovi as well. He's loaded via his contract plus his endorsements and got DC it's first cup. I could even see him taking a decent discount on his next contract to retire as a Cap. This is his team until he retires.

Before they won the Cup, I thought Ovechkin would only leave WSH to try and win one. Now that he has, I don't seem him leaving.

Crosby and Malkin will retire as Penguins.

Scheifele seems like a loyal team guy that I could see staying his whole career here.

Reactions: ES

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
9ff65f721dab4bccb0f923eb3a55e66c-9ff65f721dab4bccb0f923eb3a55e66c-0.jpg

I think I might be missing something here.. and I'm not referencing Joe's beard.
I doubt Kadri will be amongst the list of career long members.

I'll try to keep my answer somewhat realistic as a Devils fan, as oppose to some of these replies. Really, Dahlin? He hasn't even played 20 games let alone 20 seasons..

For New Jersey I could see Zajac and Greene being lifers.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
ehhh I bet Quick gets traded, still worth a ton right now and that team needs a complete rebuild sans Doughty and Kopi.

Not many teams need a soon to be 33 year old goalie, with some injuries, who already takes up $6m under the cap, and who is signed until 2023. Goalies also aren't worth a ton, in trades. Especially older goalies. Only one can play at any given time.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Not easy to tell because I don't think many people thought for example Bourque and Alfredsson would ever switch teams

I feel a player like Crosby won't move

He's not looking for a Cup like Alfredsson or Bourque, and does not have a ridiculously bad contract for the franchise.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I would not put my money on either Kane or Toews... bad contracts but we see bad contract moved every year... and the Habs are always looking for a #1 C :P

CallArnoldSlick

Party Fowl
May 21, 2010
please tell me someone has come up with a parody song....

"heres a little ditty, 'bout Jack and Dahliiiiin,
Two buffalo sabres doin' the best they can."

Jack, he's gonna be a hockey star
But he plays in Buffalo, so his team won't go very far

Reactions: rynryn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->