Which player(s) will be a careerlong member of their team?

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Do we have to acknowledge Plekanec's handful games with the Leafs last season?

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
-Malkin is gonna be a Pen for life and if not, he’s going home to Russia.
-Crosby
-Toews and I have ten million reasons why
-Duncan Keith
-Kopitar
-Bergeron
-Lundqvist
-Stamkos
-Kucherov

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Ryan Getzlaf
Corey Perry
Niklas Backstrom
Kristopher Letang
Evgeni Malkin
Joe Pavelski
Pekka Rinne
Roman Josi
Henrik Lundqvist
Carey Price
Steven Stamkos
Mark Giordano
Claude Giroux
Brad Marchand
That’s a good list.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Crosby's the only guy I'd bet money on. Maybe Toews and Price because of their contracts.

Too many variables at play with everybody else. Players improve and regress, and so do teams, and when things get out of sync, as often they do, movement is necessary.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
For the Pens, Crosby, Letang and Malkin are good candidates. Crosby is a near-lock, Malkin as well. Letang is the wild card here, but I think the chances are fairly high.

Guys like Guentzel and Murray are too young to take an educated guess.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
For the Devils, I could see Zajac staying in NJ for his career. Still signed for the next 3 seasons and will be 36 when he's set to be a UFA. Could see him sticking around a few more seasons after that even as a 4th line center given how good he is defensively.

Greene is about to turn 36 and has another year left on his contract. He's playing really well on a 2nd line pairing with Severson and would expect him to sign another contract after this one, but he may not have a spot in NJ at that point depending on how things look with NJ's prospects. Ultimately, I think he plays out his career elsewhere. Greene is from Michigan, just like Rafalski - another undrafted defenseman that had a lot of success in NJ. Wonder if Greene would look to play for Detroit as well.

Reactions: ThePrideofStockholm

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
So hard to say for guys who are still so young but I think Marner has a good chance with the Leafs and so does Matthews simply because they will pay whatever it takes to keep him and hopefully they will be competitive his whole career.

Crosby, McDavid, Ovechkin, Toews, Rinne, etc.

Plus scrubs that only play a few career games (Kosmachuk, Melchiori, etc. for the Jets)

McDavid? Ehhh... Not if the Oilers keep going the way they are going. He already will have over 100M in career earnings when he is next a UFA and any team would offer 7 years at near the cap dollars.

I suspect if he has played by himself with no real help on a team that misses the playoffs more than it makes it he would be willing to earn 10M less in his career via taking a shorter contract to go to a competitive team.

It's early but I'd be willing to bet MacKinnon and Rantanen play for the Avs for their careers

People said the same about Duchene because he grew up as an Avs fan and was elite as a youngster. Very hard to say how this all works out.

I'm thinking Kadri would like to be, if that happens, doubtful.

I agree he loves the team and the Organization loves him and he is a fan favorite. It will of course depend on cap but he has already taken a cheap contract to help us win I am sure he would take another to make it work especially if he thinks they will either win or is on a winning roster at some point.

What? I could see all of these guys leaving at some point, Gardiner could be gone next year.

Really? Their entire core is going to leave? More of this whole "Everyone hates being a Leaf and are just saying the right things until they can leave" stuff that people on here keep pushing? I can promise unless this team implodes every year for 5 years at least one of them will be a career Leaf (Likely not Gards but Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Kadri, Rielly).

Jack and Dahlin.

Ehhh.. Eichel strikes me as a Diva. In his young career he has already gotten a coach fired by refusing to sign a new deal until it happened. He was mentored by ROR the king of hold outs, and has already handicapped the team into paying a deal he isn't worth thus far.

If Buffalo never turns it around, wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a better team, if no other reason than he is tired of being over shadowed by other stars in his age group and wanting to prove on a better team he is just as good.

Also impossible to say for Dahlin he is 18.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
If Wayne Gretzky can be traded - anyone can.

That being said, Sidney Crosby; Alex Ovechkin; Jonathan Toews; and Patrice Bergeron are 99% locks to stay put on their teams.

None of them have to chase the Cup, none are likely to create some kind of PR scandal where ownership would need to ship them out “for a change of scenery,” and none of their teams are undergoing a massive rebuild.

That should keep them in place.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
9ff65f721dab4bccb0f923eb3a55e66c-9ff65f721dab4bccb0f923eb3a55e66c-0.jpg

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The "Eichel is a diva who got his coach fired" narrative has been completely debunked on this board countless times by our fans who actually know what the heck we are talking about but people STILL trot it out.
Of course it's debunked, why would he get himself fired? sarcasm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad