Which player(s) will be a careerlong member of their team?

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Ryan Getzlaf
Corey Perry
Niklas Backstrom
Kristopher Letang
Evgeni Malkin
Joe Pavelski
Pekka Rinne
Roman Josi
Henrik Lundqvist
Carey Price
Steven Stamkos
Mark Giordano
Claude Giroux
Brad Marchand

Reactions: egelband

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
whichever one of them with retirement contracts (35+)

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Crosby, McDavid, Ovechkin, Toews, Rinne, etc.

Plus scrubs that only play a few career games (Kosmachuk, Melchiori, etc. for the Jets)

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I think RNH will be a life-long Oiler. He seems to be very content in Edmonton.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Basically players that have their retirement contracts and any players the fan in question would hate to see ever go from their current roster. Every list done.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
untitled.png

Even Carnac The Magnificent doesn't know...

Reactions: dukeofjive

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I'm thinking Kadri would like to be, if that happens, doubtful.

I feel like it's doubtful the Leafs will have much cap space to give Kadri a raise when his contract is up. Especially because Rielly's is up the same year and they'll obviously prioritize him over Kadri.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Given how players contracts are moved around these days, I wouldn't bet on any player remaining with their team their entire career. But you never know.

Need a ruling on this: Does Datsyuk count as someone who did?

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Given how players contracts are moved around these days, I wouldn't bet on any player remaining with their team their entire career. But you never know.

Need a ruling on this: Does Datsyuk count as someone who did?
Yes.

Players whose post-retirement contracts get moved do not count, they never put on the jersey for the 'new team', not even for press conference photos. It's purely a business move. The only exceptions to this are when a mostly career-long player signs 1 day contract or is traded back to their original club so they can officially sign their retirement papers as a member of that club. Then they usually do a press conference and don their old jersey.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I feel like it's doubtful the Leafs will have much cap space to give Kadri a raise when his contract is up. Especially because Rielly's is up the same year and they'll obviously prioritize him over Kadri.

There is no point of speculating on anything that far in the future.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Yes.

Players whose post-retirement contracts get moved do not count, they never put on the jersey for the 'new team', not even for press conference photos. It's purely a business move. The only exceptions to this are when a mostly career-long player signs 1 day contract or is traded back to their original club so they can officially sign their retirement papers as a member of that club. Then they usually do a press conference and don their old jersey.
That's how I see it too.

Reactions: CykaBlyat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad