Which player is mostly likely to make the Panthers lineup next season?

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
To be honest, I'm going with neither. I don't believe either are ready to crack the Top 6 on the blueline.

If I had to pick one, I'll go with Robak since he finally seemed to show some promise during his stint last season. He's been with the organization for quite a long while and has had his chances.

CoolburnIsGone

Robak because he's signed to a 1-way contract AND separately is now waiver-eligible. Petrovic can be sent down without having to clear waivers so I don't think he makes it initially.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Both don't look impressive at the NHL level and naturally Robak should make it taking into consideration his age. Time to see if he can use his experience to become an NHL defender or not.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
If im not mistaking, Robak had to go through waivers this season too and he cleared. Unless he's improving a lot over the summer, I see him going to SA next season anyways. Perhaps if jovo goes, he can serve as a 7th. Id be fine with that

CoolburnIsGone

If im not mistaking, Robak had to go through waivers this season too and he cleared. Unless he's improving a lot over the summer, I see him going to SA next season anyways. Perhaps if jovo goes, he can serve as a 7th. Id be fine with that
Yes he did have to go thru waivers this season and cleared. But that was also because he was on a 2 yr deal, which next season it will be a 1-way deal. Teams are more wary to claim someone who are on more than a 1 yr deal which would explain a bit why Robak cleared waivers this yr.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
I really hope Robak can at least stick as a steady defender on the bottom pairing.

I have a feeling he will. He showed some real improvements this year and the stars (so far) as other have pointed out, seem to be aligning in his favour.

I may be biased. Always liked the guy and thought he could be a solid NHL defender with a physical edge.

Plus! He's in the sweet spot. These are the make or break years for journeymen defensmen.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Robak, if I had to choose.

Petrovic needs another year in the AHL.

I hope Robak can show some improvement when TC rolls around.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Robak has looked bad at NHL level. But I think he might get one more chance.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I think it would be Robak for reasons other than talent like Coolburn stated. Let's be honest here. Either of these guys should easily be able to beat out Jovo for a job.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I think it would be Robak for reasons other than talent like Coolburn stated. Let's be honest here. Either of these guys should easily be able to beat out Jovo for a job.

This could beat Jovo out for a job

Pylon_4997.jpg

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
This could beat Jovo out for a job

Pylon_4997.jpg

Nah, if that were true we'd have signed Karpovtsev again.:sarcasm:

Anyway, I don't think either will get the steady job - Robak may be done at this point, but the Panthers will probably not mind him being claimed off waivers if it happens. Petrovic will still be a callup, but I think Tallon has something under his sleeve to address defense in the offseason and that will probably take up any remaining roster spots.

Oh, plus we're likely to draft an NHL-ready defenseman next month anyway.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yes, hopefully neither.

Campbell
Kulikov
Gudbranson
Olsen

We definitely need at least 2 more good additions to that blueline if we have any hope of making the playoffs. And preferably 1 more average to above average one. And that's assuming Jovo retires.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Nah, if that were true we'd have signed Karpovtsev again.:sarcasm:

Anyway, I don't think either will get the steady job - Robak may be done at this point, but the Panthers will probably not mind him being claimed off waivers if it happens. Petrovic will still be a callup, but I think Tallon has something under his sleeve to address defense in the offseason and that will probably take up any remaining roster spots.

Oh, plus we're likely to draft an NHL-ready defenseman next month anyway.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I figure if I wait long enough these guys will start to resemble an NHL Team. They should blow Jovo up with c-4 on opening night to get the crowd into it and start the healing process.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Show some ****ing respect guys. Your dead grammas were ******. How the **** about that? I dont give a **** how bad someones stint here was. Dammit, nerve struck. If Jovo dies, retrospective **** talk would also be unacceptable.

Anyway, Coolburn quickly ended the debate in his first post.

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Show some ****ing respect guys. Your dead grammas were ******. How the **** about that? I dont give a **** how bad someones stint here was. Dammit, nerve struck. If Jovo dies, retrospective **** talk would also be unacceptable.

Anyway, Coolburn quickly ended the debate in his first post.

Yea I agree that is really disrespectful. Jovo has done a lot in his time here in FLA. Perhaps a little more respect.....

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
We should all give Jovo a ton of credit for all that he's done for the Panthers over the years and wanting to play though the injury and surgery that he had is very admirable. However, if him playing is hurting the team, if he really cares about this organization, he'd hang them up in my opinion. I'm sure it's one of the most difficult things to make a decision on. I would hope when all is said and done with his career that the team would instantly give him some kind of position with the organization.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Okay so c-4 might be a little harsh. They could probably save some cash and just use a brick of black cat firecrackers with the same crowd wowing result.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: