Which Player Had The Coolest Hockey Career?

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

I'm going to have to say Syl Apps.

During his hockey days, he won a gold medal for Canada in pole-vaulting, played at McMaster for Football, was the captain for the Leafs in their prime as a franchise and lead them to 2 cups, went to serve in WWII for 2 years, came back as the captain and won two more cups.

That's pretty freaking cool.

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
Ron Duguay FTW.

First, he married not one, but two models. Then, there's this article published in the New York Times:

Long-haired, handsome and 21, Ron Duguay was not just a good forward on a team headed to the Stanley Cup finals in 1979. He hung out with Andy Warhol, spent his nights at Studio 54 and very publicly enjoyed New York in the way that famous people enjoyed New York at the height of the disco era.

“I just soaked it up,” Duguay said last week. “I loved the entertainment. I was so suited to New York City.”

Also, from the first link:

They called him the Romeo of the Rink, Broadway Joe Namath on Skates and Mick Jagger on Ice. With his hazel-green eyes, sheepish little-boy grin and long curly hair, Ron Duguay breezed into the National Hockey League, oo-la-laed across the ice with his New York Ranger teammates in a jeans commercial, adorned the covers of magazines such as Forum and Interview and turned up in the gossip columns almost as often as he did in the sports pages.

On top of that he was a pretty good hockey player who spent 12 seasons in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad