Speculation: Which player DO YOU think gets traded?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Let's assume Ken Holland makes at least one trade prior to the trade deadline. While he's not the biggest wheeler and dealer he has made trades in years past to address a need. He also has been very reluctant to trade roster players, with the last one that comes to mind being Jason Williams in a deal that brought Kyle Calder to Detroit.

So with this being highly speculative and not likely based on past trades, which roster player do you think is most likely to be traded?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Jakub Kindl.

I wouldn't mind seeing Quincey traded, but I doubt that happens.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I think a Kindl trade's probably pretty likely if Holland can find someone that's interested

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I voted Quincey. On the one hand his contract makes him tough to move. But it's reasonably short as far as term goes and he can play in all three phases of the game.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I voted Quincey. On the one hand his contract makes him tough to move. But it's reasonably short as far as term goes and he can play in all three phases of the game.

We should trade one offensive defenceman to defensive one. Trading Quincey for a defensive dman doesn't change our needs at all.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Filp Kindl and Quincey can all be traded. Kindl+Quincey for a top 4 Dman.Filp+either for top 6 winger.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I vote Filppula for a couple reasons
-only one of the list that could actually bring back anything of any real value
-he is of a position that we have our most depth(forward)
-KH may actually be thinking about using all of the tools of a GM and actually be willing to think proactively and make an aggressive trade of substance with eyes on the future(top pairing dman)

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
It will be Kindl

Out of those options I'd most like to see Abby shipped out. I really don't see what he brings anymore.

19GP | 0G | 1A | -5 | 13:26 TOI/G

Now look at Tootoo:

19GP | 2G | 2A | +2 | 9:05 TOI/G

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Who I think it will be: Kindl, Eaves,

Who I think it should be: Quincey

CloneHakanPlease*

It will be Kindl

Out of those options I'd most like to see Abby shipped out. I really don't see what he brings anymore.

19GP | 0G | 1A | -5 | 13:26 TOI/G

Now look at Tootoo:

19GP | 2G | 2A | +2 | 9:05 TOI/G
Aside from all that, Tootoo is a much better agitator and enforcer.

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
Aside from all that, Tootoo is a much better agitator and enforcer.

Tootoo also has a shot and the ability to make passes/control the puck. I've been wanting babs to flip tootoo and abs on datsyuk's line since he moved up.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't know that they get anything for Kindl they have damaged his stock so much. I mean the Panthers still got a 5th for Ellerby, but they didn't run him through the mud every chance they got.

We will see, but my answer is probably none, they will waive Kindl and I will be about as disappointed with that as I have been with any decision during the Ken Holland era.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I don't see what good it does to get rid of Abby. Abdelkader and Tootoo as the 4th line wingers is solid going forward, brings much needed grit down the lineup when we have a 3rd line that is more skilled than it is gritty. Let the two build chemistry(both are signed 2+ more years) and let Miller and Eaves walk whose roles have steadily declined and aren't as gritty. If we look at the bottom six guys in the system; Sheahan, Ferraro and Andersson, they bring some scoring touch so keep the grit and get rid of the "scorers".

That said, I think there are two big $ contracts that could be better off spent on something else and that is Quincey's near $4M and Filppula's next contract that is going to come north of $4M. Quincey's could be spent on an actual defensive defenseman, and Filppula's could be spent on an actual goalscoring winger.

jaster

Unregistered User
Jun 8, 2007
I'm not convinced anyone is going to be traded. But if there is a trade, Filppula, Lashoff, and Abdelkader are not candidates. The Wings have already publicly stated that they want to have Flip locked up before the end of the season, Lashoff was just signed, and Babcock loves Abdelkader (plus, he's young, cheap, and does have use).

I don't think Eaves has much value at this point, since he has a significant concussion history and hasn't really done much since his last one; I suppose he could be a throw-in in a multi-player deal, but I doubt it.

Andersson isn't going to be the centerpiece of any deal either. Like Eaves, he could be a throw-in if the Wings go after a big fish, but I'd expect it to be a more prominent prospect included if that happens.

That leaves Quincey and Kindl as the best candidates to be traded. As much as I am not a fan of Kindl, I'd rather it be Quincey who is moved, mainly because he's overpaid for what he actually is (not a top-4 guy) and would provide meaningful cap space for next season. That said, I feel like it's more likely Kindl is traded than Quincey. I do think the Wings have soured a little on Quincey, but not as much as most fans would hope.

Aug 6, 2012
Kindl and Andersson are the most likely. Though I don't think anyone will be traded.

If I had to choose I'd trade Filppula, even though I've always supported him. I believed last year wasn't a fluke and that he'd turned the corner after finally getting top-six minutes but I was wrong. The guy just isn't valuable for us when we already have two of the better playmakers in the league centering our top lines. And, injury or not, Fil is afraid to drive the net. He's been the definition of a perimeter player this year. I wish we would've traded Fil for Ryder+. I think it would've been a solid trade for both parties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->