OT: Which Philly teams do you root for and in what order? (Big 4 only)

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
  1. Flyers
  2. Eagles
  3. Phillies
  4. Sixers
Phillies/Sixers/Union can fluctuate between 3-5.

Far and away Flyers are first, and I've always thought that a Flyers SC win would be better than the other three winning combined... but the Eagles winning completely changed my attitude towards that. The amount of joy in this city when the Eagles won can't possibly be matched by the other teams, it was truly surreal. I always thought the Flyers winning would be by far the best sporting moment of my life, but at this point I don't even know if it would match what I felt when the Eagles won, mainly because of the atmosphere around me.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Only team in Philly I root for is the Flyers. Every other team I root for is Cleveland. Born in OH, moved to DE when I was 3, moved back to OH when I was 10. Been all over the place since I was 18 and I’ll be moving back to Philly in 2 weeks.

1) Flyers
2) Browns

3) Cavs

4) Indians/Ohio State

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Sixers/Phillies
Flyers
Eagles

I root for them all pretty much equally but basketball and baseball have always been my favorite sports to watch. Hockey was my favorite sport to play growing up but although I watch most Flyers games I’m usually only half paying attention. I’ve soured on football recently in light of the CTE stuff. I think it’s a fundamentally unsafe sport and would never let a child of mine play it. But I can’t stop watching the Birds.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
1 - Flyers

2 - Phillies
3 - Sixers

Gap between Sixers and Phillies closed this past season.

Bleed orange

Mar 28, 2013
I am not from Philly, I was born/raised/currently live in Boston, so my rooting interest goes as follows:

1. Top Sport is NFL and my top team is the Patriots. I have always kinda had a soft spot for the eagles though, so this years Super Bowl was weird. I would have cheered for the eagles if they were playing any other AFC team, but in the end, this SB loss didn't really bug me much. I was happy for the city of Philly.

2. NHL- Die hard Flyers fan and I also hate the Bruins with a passion. My 2nd most hated NHL team (behind the Pens). I live in this city and I think their hockey fans are a joke and are complete front runners, which is embarrassing for an O6 Franchise. Also, not to open a can of worms but there is quite more racism than you'd expect. I was at this years flyers/bruins game on March 8th and some guy got kicked out for some of the things he yelled about Wayne Simmonds. Not gonna get into it as you can put 2 and 2 together.

3. NBA- Very similar to NFL. Celtics will always be my #1 team, but I do like the 76ers as well. Although I was rooting for the Celtics this year, if the 6ers won the series, I'd be rooting for them to go all the way

4. Baseball is my least favorite sport (I even like soccer more), so I couldn't care less about the Red Sox/Phillies

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Pretty much my whole life I was

Flyers
Eagles
Phillies/Braves
Sixers

But beginning in 2017 it's shifted to

Eagles
Flyers/Sixers
Phillies/Braves(only reason they were last was they both were awful for multiple years now, really only followed prospects. Now I'd say I'm following both as much as the flyers since their young talent is getting shots to succeed at the major league level.)

Hakstol and hextall have killed a lot of enthusiasm toward the flyers for me. Heading towards 5 straight years of mediocrity and them still being at least another year away after next year maybe, possibly...but definitely the year after that... hopefully is a major downer with the talent the team has in place. Every other team in this town is ran a million times better than the flyers and as a result they are much much more enjoyable to follow right now than the flyers even though I am a bigger hockey fan than any other sport.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Eagles climbed back into the #1 spot the first time I saw Wentz on the field. They're all pretty even though except the Sixers. I watched all their playoff games, but I just don't follow the NBA as closely.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
How'd I not see this?
1.Sixers
2.Eagles/Phillies/Flyers

Diehard fan of all teams except the Union since watching soccer/football is boring to me.
Basketball over the others slightly though since its the game that dominated my life really.
Played D-1 with a couple current NBA players one of whom is a star now.
Coached semi-pro ball and was offered a D-1 coaching job as an assistant but turned it down.
Also, in my youth I worked international scouting and was able to see a 15 yr old Ben Simmons dominate live back in 2012.
Crazy ironic how he ended up on my favorite team later as one of my scouting reports on him from back them probably ended up on certain NBA folks desks at some point.

Reactions: JackStraw

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Flyers are the only Philly team I root for. I didn't have a favorite hockey team until I moved to Philly in 1987, so it was Lindros who got me into the Flyers.

Favorite teams overall:
Reading Royals
NY Football Giants (I grew up in upstate NY)
Flyers
I haven't watched basketball since Michael Jordan, and baseball since Reggie Jackson.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I am not from Philly, I was born/raised/currently live in Boston, so my rooting interest goes as follows:

1. Top Sport is NFL and my top team is the Patriots. I have always kinda had a soft spot for the eagles though, so this years Super Bowl was weird. I would have cheered for the eagles if they were playing any other AFC team, but in the end, this SB loss didn't really bug me much. I was happy for the city of Philly.

2. NHL- Die hard Flyers fan and I also hate the Bruins with a passion. My 2nd most hated NHL team (behind the Pens). I live in this city and I think their hockey fans are a joke and are complete front runners, which is embarrassing for an O6 Franchise. Also, not to open a can of worms but there is quite more racism than you'd expect. I was at this years flyers/bruins game on March 8th and some guy got kicked out for some of the things he yelled about Wayne Simmonds. Not gonna get into it as you can put 2 and 2 together.

3. NBA- Very similar to NFL. Celtics will always be my #1 team, but I do like the 76ers as well. Although I was rooting for the Celtics this year, if the 6ers won the series, I'd be rooting for them to go all the way

4. Baseball is my least favorite sport (I even like soccer more), so I couldn't care less about the Red Sox/Phillies

Yep..racism and Boston go hand in hand. Pretty disgusting actually.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Coffee

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Flyers
Liverpool
Buccaneers
Phillies
White Sox

Sixers

Eagles

i would add Union..but i really am not a huge fan of MLS..and Wings will be there once they return

Reactions: SnS

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Flyers: Watch ~75 games a season and every play-off game.
Eagles: Used to watch probably ~12-14 games a season live on TV and every play-off game... now watch maybe ~6-7 live, watch highlights of the rest.
Phillies: If they are on TV or nothing else is on I will watch them, and on a playoff run will try and catch games. Maybe I see ~3-5 games a year, but not concentrating so hard.
Sixers: I have maybe watched ~2 games since Iverson left. But I find basketball tedious anyway and would watch pretty much any other sport that is on tbh.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Flyers
76ers
Iggles
Phillies

pretty glad the Iggles finally got it done because my interest in the NFL has dropped considerably over the past 5 years or so...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->