OT: Which Philly teams do you root for and in what order? (Big 4 only)

Flyers5150

Jan 9, 2008
As the topic says, what Philly teams do you follow and what is your order from favorite to least favorite? For this discussion, I'm only focused on the big four sports (Sixers, Flyers, Eagles, Phillies).

My current favorite teams:
1. Flyers
2. Eagles
3. Phillies
4. Sixers

I'm a die hard Flyers and Eagles fan and a bandwagon Phillies and Sixers fan. I just don't have enough interest in Baseball or Basketball to follow either sport unless they make the playoffs. Even with the Eagles winning the Superbowl, I'd trade that in for a Stanley Cup as Flyers are tops for me.

This differs from my childhood teams (1980's - Early 90's).
1. Eagles
2. Sixers
3. Phillies
4. Flyers

I've always loved the Eagles but didn't really get into Hockey until the Lindros years (94-95).

Thoughts?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I root for all of them but the Sixers I don't care about. Flyers 1, Phillies 2, Eagles 3, Sixers 4. I also root for the Browns in football but not with any seriousness, just because they are so awful I like to follow them. It all started wit h the love of my life Johnny Manziel getting drafted there. I am now a Tiger-Cats fan.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
1. Flyers
2. Eagles
3. Sixers
4. I was forced to listen to the Ed Wade era over the radio inside a freezer (worked as a butcher apprentice) so long that I do not like the Phillies.

WheresMySnare

Mar 9, 2018
Flyers/Eagles - A loss can ruin my mood or entire day.

Phillies

Sixers - Mostly bandwagon. Am happy they're good and would definitely go to a parade but don't really care otherwise. Basketball sucks

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
FLYERS-life and death stuff here

EAGLES/PITTSBURGH PIRATES (I was thrilled when the Eagles won the Super Bowl and have followed them longer, but I like the MLB more than the NFL and follow baseball more closely now)

SIXERS

Not a Phillies fan, so not a 4-for-4 fan. I hated the Phillies from when I was young and they had more than a decade and a half of losing seasons, and the Flyers were always in the playoffs, and yet in April SportsRise on the old Comcast SportsNet would talk 60% of the time about the terrible, doomed Phillies and not the Flyers' playoffs. Kinda petty, I admit, but I didn't like the fact that the trash team was siphoning attention from the good one. Didn't get into baseball till I moved to Pittsburgh and I didn't wanna be a bandwagon loser who bought a Ryan Howard t-shirt in fall 2008.

Last edited:

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
1. Flyers

no one else is really close. I've mostly stopped watching other sports

(Las Vegas Golden Knights)

2. Sixers -- I really don't know how you can not like Joel Embiid and most of the team tbh.

3. Eagles -- My younger self would be shocked that they aren't No. 1.

4. Phillies -- stopped caring at some point before 2008 and didn't hop back on.

HammerTime44

Flyers-Phillies-Packers-LH44
Feb 11, 2014
Philadelphia
1. Flyers
2. Phillies
3. Sixers

I don't root for the Eagles because when I was like 6 years old I became attached to the Packers and have stuck with them ever since.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Assuming all the teams are near the same level.

1) Flyers
2) Eagles
3) Phillies
4) Sixers

However, I won't waste any emotional energy on a team when they're in the toilet or if I perceive them to be floundering.

At different times the preferences changed ...... during the Buddy Ryan era I was into the Eagles more than anything or at least tied with the Flyers until that Flyer team went down the tubes in 1990. 1993 - Phillies dominated my interest . I was a big Sixer fan around 90 and 91 when there were a couple good Barkely teams.

The Rollins/Utley era I was a bigger Phillies fan than Eagles.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
Here's my list...and ye guys will notice my age cause of the athletes I followed playing for the city of Philadelphia !;)
1.Flyers (Bobby Clarke)
2.Philles (Mike Schmidt)
3.Sixers ( Dr.J)
4.Eagles ( Jaworski)

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Flyers i never miss a game follow minor league and drafted prospects online. Eagles watch every game can name most if not all the 52 man roster. Phillies i watch a game here and there. 76ers i am forcibly subjected to because their highlights are on the sports broadcast

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Flyers
Eagles/Phillies

I hate basketball, but I can't even root for the Sixers to support other Philly fans right now. "The Process" was sickening to me, and I don't want to see it rewarded.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad