Which out of these 04 defensemen....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biscuit Bullet

Feb 28, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
I'm in a fantasy keeper league type deal, and I have the 8th overall pick, with which I'm looking to nab a defenseman (unless there is a clearly much better forward available. I'm assuming that Barker is going to be gone, so it's between Smid, Thelen and Valabik. I'm leaning towards Smid if he's available, but who would you all take?

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Since it's a fantasy league take Meszaros, then Thelen, Smid and Valabik.

In a "real draft" I would go with the most ready prospect (cause all these kids are very good) so Mesz, Smid, Thelen (upside better than Valabik) and then Big Boris.

db23

Thelen, Barker (if he's there), Green, Mezaros, Smid, Valabik is how I would rate them.

Biscuit Bullet

Feb 28, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
The first two rounds just ended. Here's who I picked:

8-AJ Thelen
41-Johan Fransson
42-Chris Higgins (wasn't signed him in my league so he went back into the draft, great steal)
47-Jakub Sindel

Crows*

Maybe not right now but in the future look out for Vancouvers 3rd round pick 91st overal Alexander Edler.

COmparrisons to Mattias Ohlund.

IF Vancouver had not picked Edler Detroit was about to.... IF detroit was going to pick him, with their draft record you can bet he'l be good.

ONly 3 other teams had scouted him and all were going to draft him if Vancouver had not.

A great example is the Canucks' third round pick this year, Alexander Edler. Playing for Jamtland of the Swedish II League, the 6-foot-3 and 194 pound defender didn't get a whole lot of attention in a third-tier league way up north. But a friend of Gradin's saw the youngster play and called the Canuck scout immediately. Gradin hopped on a train, and after one game, put the smooth-skating Edler near the top of his list.

"We were really lucky to get him," says Delorme. "I heard only three other teams had seen this kid play. But that almost never happens anymore."

FROM CANUCKS.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Habdominal

Jun 14, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Crows said:
Maybe not right now but in the future look out for Vancouvers 3rd round pick 91st overal Alexander Edler.

COmparrisons to Mattias Ohlund.

For third Rounder I like Paul Baier (LA - 95th)a lot, I think he can really be a steal... :handclap:

As for comparaison one scout used Rob Blake.... while Rob Blake he's not I think he can be a real good steady defenceman in the NHL :yo:

For the first round Thelen seems like the best option after Barker :banana:

Swiss_Hawk

Jul 31, 2004
Switzerland
www.nhlnews.net
Hy Guys

And how is it with the Forwards?
Players like Wheeler, Ladd, Olesz, Picard, Tukonen, Stafford, Radulov, Nokelainen, Chipchura and co...

Which one do you think is the best, which one is how far from the NHL and so on...Please help me :) :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->