Which other team are you watching?

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I like Tampa, but it’s more about who I don’t like.

San Jose, Chicago, Minnesota, Buffalo, and Winnipeg. Hope for nothing but misery for all of them.

I don't care enough to hate other teams like I used to. Mostly I just hate/love the Blues with the power of 10,000 suns. Mostly hate, I'm really not interested in being teased multiple consecutive decades.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Old days, I followed Montreal, Carolina, and Anaheim, but I've found I really only follow the Blues, though I watch a lot of other games. I'm actually catching up on some other leagues:
Liverpool_FC.png

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I don't care enough to hate other teams like I used to. Mostly I just hate/love the Blues with the power of 10,000 suns. Mostly hate, I'm really not interested in being teased multiple consecutive decades.

Some of it is fanbase related for me like Buffalo and Minnesota.

Others are just bred into me like San Jose and Chicago. I doubt it ever goes away.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
One thing that Red Wings and Blues will always unite on is that picture being an unholy abomination, may there never be another like it. f*** the Blackhawks.

As far as the thread goes, I'm finding myself starting to follow individual players more so than teams. That said I enjoy watching the Penguins, Oilers and Maple Leafs fail (for different reasons) and then most other teams I root for/against solely based on my pre-season predictions so I have bragging rights among my friends.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I tend to watch West Coast game after Blues game ends. On nights we don't play I generally will watch the end of whatever early game is close. OT is fun but I don't enjoy shootouts.

I don't root for anyone but Blues, but I do enjoy watching Jets and Flames these days. Strong teams, great crowds, Jets especially play fun hockey.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I've been watching women's college volleyball (down to the Final Four now) and the Curling World Cup. And playing board games with my family and friends instead of watching more hockey. But I've still watched every Blues game. Its just that I'm usually doing something else at the same time instead of giving my full attention. I may start skipping games entirely soon or just fast forward to the scoring plays / penalties.

Mar 6, 2012
Meh. I root for other teams in the playoffs, but am not interested in picking a second team for the season.

I'll stick with this train wreck, just less so and with less emotional investment.

The Blues are really my second team anyway, after my son's squirt team. Unfortunately, they're not doing so great either.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
And Jets! Love them more than the Predators. Huge Josh Morrissey fan.

Saint Loser

Mar 16, 2018
I've been watching women's college volleyball (down to the Final Four now) and the Curling World Cup. And playing board games with my family and friends instead of watching more hockey. But I've still watched every Blues game. Its just that I'm usually doing something else at the same time instead of giving my full attention. I may start skipping games entirely soon or just fast forward to the scoring plays / penalties.

Wow! You can shorten time by bending space?!!

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Wow! You can shorten time by bending space?!!
I rarely watch live. I DVR every game, and usually watch later that night without commercials. I get paged for work often, which tends to spoil live events, and I prefer not to waste time on commercials anyway. But lately, I am tempted to just flush the game out of the DVR.

Saint Loser

Mar 16, 2018
I rarely watch live. I DVR every game, and usually watch later that night without commercials. I get paged for work often, which tends to spoil live events, and I prefer not to waste time on commercials anyway. But lately, I am tempted to just flush the game out of the DVR.
Oh! I get it! You’re from The Dark Side.
DVR...Darth Vader.

I see what you did there! Sneaky code talk.

Saint Loser

Mar 16, 2018
Sherwood Park! Just 15 minutes from downtown.

Cool! Sherwood Park is nice! You can usually find me near NAIT or soothing myself in one of the many cafes in the Stratchona/Garneau area.

Love Edmonton, except for the dirty ass cars during winter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad