Which one you'd pick to the 1st line for game 3 against Winnipeg: Kubalik or Nylander?

Which one you'd pick to the 1st line for game 3 against Winnipeg: Kubalik or Nylander?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Again Nylander started in the 1st with Toews&Kane, but like previously, was dropped to the
bottom 6 during game. Does Colliton keep him in the first at home against Jets in game 3
or does he choose Kubalik?

What would you do? Kubalik or Nylnder

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Again Nylander started in the 1st with Toews&Kane, but like previously, was dropped to the
bottom 6 during game. Does Colliton keep him in the first at home against Jets in game 3
or does he choose Kubalik?

What would you do? Kubalik or Nylnder

I reunite the Saad-Kampf-Kubalik line and give them more ice time. I don't know what to do with the rest of the lineup, but something needs to change with the "top-six"

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
I'd keep the 2nd and 3rd lines to start the year and move Cags up with T&K. Give Nylander a few Ozone starts with them.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Saad Toews Kubalik
Cat Strome Shaw
Cagguila Dach Kane
Nylander Kampf Carpenter/Smith/Perlini

I don't mind Saad-Toews-Kubalik and letting that line be the matchup line with lots of defensive zone draws. Saad and Kubalik together are showing a knack for flipping the ice and creating scoring chances the other way. Putting them with Toews could give us a classic Toews shutdown line again.

I'd almost roll the dice and take the good with the bad of a DeBrincat-Strome-Kane line. We saw last night that as soon as they ended up together, it resulted in a goal. This line together will take some smart deployment by Colliton.

That leaves lots of unknown in the bottom-six. I'd almost say go Nylander-Dach-Shaw on the third line and Kampf with whoever on the fourth.

I don't know. I don't really like Shaw with third line minutes.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I'd keep the 2nd and 3rd lines to start the year and move Cags up with T&K. Give Nylander a few Ozone starts with them.

I think Toews and Kane together may be the problem. Seems no matter who is on that LW, even when it's Kubalik, the lines advanced numbers look exactly the same.

I don't think this is a Nylander vs Caggiula problem.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
George secretly aspires to be a poll taking company CEO?
Well, I for one think he'll be DAMNED good at it.
You GO Geo!
Signed,
Someone Whose Own Poll Taking Aspirations Crashed & Burned. (Sad trombone sound clip here.)

Last edited:

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Saad Toews Kubalik
Cat Strome Shaw
Cagguila Dach Kane
Nylander Kampf Carpenter/Smith/Perlini
Dach is not ready for the NHL grind unless the Hawks have designs to make him a 3rd liner for his career?Send him back for at least 1 more year of Junior and let him play 25-30 minutes per game(PP,PK,regular duties)he'll be the better for it!

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Dach is not ready for the NHL grind unless the Hawks have designs to make him a 3rd liner for his career?Send him back for at least 1 more year of Junior and let him play 25-30 minutes per game(PP,PK,regular duties)he'll be the better for it!

How do you know this?

I'm assuming you're just assuming.

Reactions: andys

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
[QUOTE="RayP, post: 165318263, member: 115320"]No one knows, but my money would be against him being ready for ~70-75 regular season games + playoffs.[/QUOTE]

right, and that goes both ways. We’re waiting to see, and that will happen when we see him step in the ice.

there’s no reason to send him back to juniors right now. We can wait and see how he does.

Reactions: RayP and andys

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
voted nylander because they can sit whatever forward they want and it wont matter if seabrook is playing 2nd pair minutes...forward combos didnt cost them last game, their terrible defense and pk did...and a two game sample size is useless..nylander should never sit over smith and carpenter

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
voted nylander because they can sit whatever forward they want and it wont matter if seabrook is playing 2nd pair minutes...forward combos didnt cost them last game, their terrible defense and pk did...and a two game sample size is useless..nylander should never sit over smith and carpenter

Wrong! It was a team defense effort or lack thereof.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Like Kubalik a lot ! Think he's a natural goalscorer and great around the net. The Black Hawks got a steal from stupid GM Blake of the Kings! Go Kubalik Go! Go Hawks Go!

Yeah I don't get that trade. Small sample but the guy's release is gunfighter fast, looks like a good skater & not afraid to use his body. And I love how he shoots shoots shoots. Compared to Kubalik, Sharpy was a pass first guy. ;-)
What was the LAK GM thinking? Is there something more to the story?

Reactions: andys

Hawsse

grittier than quaker oats
Aug 9, 2014
rent free in your head

dcat with toews is interesting, doesn't happen too much.

i especially like the d pairings. spliting up keith-gus and putting them each with a competent defender is exactly what i said needed to happen last night.

is maata stuck with having to be seabrook's cleanup crew?

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Cat and toews started out last year pretty strong with kahun on RW. Not sure how i feel about splitting up cat and strome though.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad