Which one will be the best fit for a top 6 winger?

Which would be your favorite?

• Total voters

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I 100% agree that we need 1 more top 6 winger. However, this is a tough poll with your options because the cost to acquire each of these guys (both in terms of salary and trade cost) varies so much.

Nylander, Hoffman and Drouin will all require us to give up significant assets and don’t think their teams are looking to trade those guys. I’d be happy to have any one of those guys, but it’s not realistic right now.

Poolparty isn’t a top 6 guy and I’d hope for someone better than Palat.

I’d be fine with Dzingel or Ferland on a 1-2 year deal, but think those are more middle 6 guys.

Gusev is the really intriguing one. Would cost the least of any guy salary/cap wise, but he’s a gamble and still costs assets in trade to get him.

Hoping we get somebody though even if they aren’t on this list.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
There's no room and Burakovsky was bought at high price to "finally play in a top 6 role".

Landy - Mack - Rants
Jost - Kadri - Burakovsky
Donskoi - Compher - Wilson
Calvert - Bellemare - Nieto

Kamenev

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I could see Dzingel added, but he's not a top 6 guy, he's a 3rd line sort that bumps down Wilson. Could see that, but I'd say it is kinda unlikely. If the Avs add depth going forward this summer, it will first be the #3G and then maybe a defensemen.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I doubt they add anyone else. There's already so much roster turnover, and question marks. They also still clearly believe in Jost, and arent going to block him or minimize the value of the gambles they've already taken. I wish they would've held off on Burakovsky because they could've snagged a lower risk asset without wasting picks, but hindsight I guess. And if somehow he transforms here they'll look brilliant(not likely). Who would've thought Dzingel and Ferland both would be sitting waiting for a contract at this point.

But for fun I answered Gusev.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’d love to have Drouin to play alongside MacK, Or Kadri, but I don’t think a trade is likely to happen.

I’m also not convinced Vegas would want to send Gusev our way for picks and prospects and watch him eventually help us beat them in the playoffs.

The only thing I see potentially happening is a guy like Ferland, or Dzingel signing a one-year prove it deal late in free agency, if they strike out on long term contracts.

Reactions: Miri

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Voted Gusev but sat there and considered Drouin for a minute. I think that kid would play so well with Mackinnon again but that's just a pipe dream.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
None of the above? They're not acquiring any more forwards. Already they're pushing Kamenev or Nieto to 13th forward. Burakovsky is their guy. I don't think it will work out, but that is the plan regardless.

Reactions: shadow1

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I might be singing a different tune at the trade deadline or next off-season, but the Avs don’t need a top-6 forward right now.

Not until the likes of Burakovsky and Donskoi prove they’re not top-6 caliber.

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I might be singing a different tune at the trade deadline or next off-season, but the Avs don’t need a top-6 forward right now.

Not until the likes of Burakovsky and Donskoi prove they’re not top-6 caliber.

Haven’t they done that already? Donskoi is a legit 3rd liner though, but Bura is just a bigger Ghetto.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I voted Dzingel based on the assumption he settles on a 1 year deal before trying his luck in UFA cause I think he could pop for 30 next to Nate & Gabe, letting Mikko play with Kadri.

If Dzingel won't settle then probably Gusev from this list. He's very skilled & crafty, even if Bednar's system isn't the best fit for him.

...just noticed Nylander, if you mean Wily then easily him...

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Haven’t they done that already? Donskoi is a legit 3rd liner though, but Bura is just a bigger Ghetto.

Donskoi didn’t get any PP time last year, so there’s potential for 2nd line offense.

Burakovsky barely got any ice time last year, and none on the power play. Whether that was due to his own abilities or Washington’s depth...well, lets just say we’re going to get front row seats in answering that question.

Reactions: flyfysher

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Donskoi didn’t get any PP time last year, so there’s potential for 2nd line offense.

Burakovsky barely got any ice time last year, and none on the power play. Whether that was due to his own abilities or Washington’s depth...well, lets just say we’re going to get front row seats in answering that question.

Bura didn’t get ice time because he botched every chance he had next to Kuzy, Backstrom and OV.

Donskoi just doesn’t quite have the finishing ability to be a 2nd liner. He’s like an upgraded version of Calvert minus the oestiness. If Donskoi has a touch more finish(pun intended) I think he could be a consistent 20-25 guy but he hasn’t quite shown it yet. But I’m rooting for these guys to prove me wrong.

Reactions: shadow1

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
And it’s taken Drouin 6 to still not get it :dunno:

I think 5, he did not play the first year post draft in NHL like MacK...i might be wrong. Not important though, some players may take longer to develop, so what. And he was definitely not getting all the chances to succeed like MacK, Tampa was too stacked and in win-now mode to wait for him to find his game...i still believe its possible to happen under right circumstances, and playing on MacKs wing might be exactly that. If Burakovsky can get that chance with Avs, i dont see why not Drouin, who has even bigger raw potential.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I don't like the premise or how it was presented. "I think we should sign another W. If you vote, you agree with me." I also don't like how the OP doesn't attempt to establish or consider what each player will cost. It's not like we'd be going to the grocery store and grabbing one off of the shelf.

My preference would be to first establish that we need another W. You might be right with this. But it's probably pie in the sky since we're likely all set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->