Advice: Which of these twigs are the best?

fouzy98

Jul 4, 2014
Canada
Hey guys, my local Sport Chek is having a sale on some old-ish sticks and I narrowed it down to 4 options all being around the same price range (100ish bucks)

1. Bauer Supreme ONE.7
2. Bauer Vapor X80
3. Bauer Nexus 600
4. CCM RBZ

I've used Bauer sticks my entire life (currently using the Nexus 4000), but I recently tried the new Easton V5E and didn't like it as much (felt the blade was to 'flimsy'), with that being said I've heard alot of pros and cons about the RBZ so I'm willing to try it if its the best option of the 4. I play mid to high calibre beer league (Div 3) I'd say I'm just about average size, not to heavy not to light. I play RW and best with snipes, I seldom take slappers but almost always wristers. I don't dangle as much but when i do i keep it simple so what are your thoughts?

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
I'm no expert or anything but I have an X90 and just bought a Nexus 6000. From your description we're similiar styled players. IMO both are great sticks, but I think the Nexus is the one I like most. I know you said it's a 600, you'd have to look more into it's specs, but the 6000 I love. I've only used it for 1 stick and puck session and 1 game, but so far I literally have no complaints.

I also have a Supreme One.6 but I don't really like it. It feels heavy and "clunky" to me or something.

The Supreme is designed for one timers and slap shots so from your description I'd probably rule it out and look at the Vapor or Nexus lines if you want Bauer.

From the Bauer website:

Nexus: For players wanting an authentic and natural feel combined with a quicker release

Vapor: For playmakers looking for a responsive stick with unmatched balance and feel.

Supreme: Created for players who need a stick that delivers punishing one-timers and powerful slapshots.

I don't know anything about the CCM RBZ, I'm a Bauer guy myself - But I do see a lot of people using it.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Whatever feels best.

And if you can't tell the difference, whichever one is the cheapest.

If they're the same price, whichever one has the sickest graphics.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The RBZ is by far the best of them, since it was CCM's top of the line stick in 2012. Many pros at the NHL level still use RBZs. All other sticks are price point sticks from the 3 Bauer lines.

But obviously, take what feels best. If you don't like the RBZ, it simply comes down to your favorite line of sticks (Vapor, Supreme or Nexus).
Here's my ranking of the 4 sticks :
1. CCM RBZ
2. Bauer Supreme One.7
3. Bauer Vapor X80
4. Bauer Nexus 600

fouzy98

Jul 4, 2014
Canada
I'm no expert or anything but I have an X90 and just bought a Nexus 6000. From your description we're similiar styled players. IMO both are great sticks, but I think the Nexus is the one I like most. I know you said it's a 600, you'd have to look more into it's specs, but the 6000 I love. I've only used it for 1 stick and puck session and 1 game, but so far I literally have no complaints.

I also have a Supreme One.6 but I don't really like it. It feels heavy and "clunky" to me or something.

The Supreme is designed for one timers and slap shots so from your description I'd probably rule it out and look at the Vapor or Nexus lines if you want Bauer.

From the Bauer website:

Nexus: For players wanting an authentic and natural feel combined with a quicker release

Vapor: For playmakers looking for a responsive stick with unmatched balance and feel.

Supreme: Created for players who need a stick that delivers punishing one-timers and powerful slapshots.

I don't know anything about the CCM RBZ, I'm a Bauer guy myself - But I do see a lot of people using it.

Thanks alot for your input man, really appreciate it. I ended up going with the CCM RBZ just thought I might as well give it a try before I judge, and it seems alot of players on my team have the RBZ and are just in love with it. I love the Nexus line so it'll be competing with quite a bit of competition and if it doesn't all work in the end I'll either try the Vapor family or I'll just stick with my regular Nexus line. Cheers man!:yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad