Which of these teams will be the best over the next 2 seasons?

Which team will have the most success over the next 2 seasons combined?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
I voted Arizona at first because I thought they would be a shoe in for the playoffs in the pathetic pacific division. Then I remembered they will be playing in the central (rip). So Calgary for basically the same reason

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think Calgary are probably poised to have the quickest turnaround over the next two years. They have a lot of things to sort out...but they also have a lot of the pieces to be successful, already in place. They also have the pieces to make moves and retool their roster quickly, if that's the direction they choose.

Ottawa have a lot of young up and coming talent...but getting over that hump can be a very non-linear, herky jerky process year to year.

The Ducks are an interesting one, in that they have some really intriguing young talent, but also some veteran hangers-ons as well. If things fall right for them, they could have some good years soon. But they're sorta playing with two windows going in opposite directions, and who knows whether they'll actually align at all.

Reactions: JoeMc

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I want to think it us here in Ottawa ,but we have such a young team and its tough to say for sure...Think we will end up being a deep 4 line team with a solid top 4 and good goaltending...But I cant see us having a top 3 scorer ...

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
I think Calgary are probably poised to have the quickest turnaround over the next two years. They have a lot of things to sort out...but they also have a lot of the pieces to be successful, already in place. They also have the pieces to make moves and retool their roster quickly, if that's the direction they choose.

Ottawa have a lot of young up and coming talent...but getting over that hump can be a very non-linear, herky jerky process year to year.

The Ducks are an interesting one, in that they have some really intriguing young talent, but also some veteran hangers-ons as well. If things fall right for them, they could have some good years soon. But they're sorta playing with two windows going in opposite directions, and who knows whether they'll actually align at all.
Yes it seems the Ducks are getting some votes - very interesting

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Going with Ottawa

Got some really good pieces

Center: Norris, Pinto, White, Brown
Wingers: Tkachuk, Stutzle, Batherson, Formenton
D: Chabot, Zub, Brannstrom
etc

Reactions: Samsquanch

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I voted Arizona at first because I thought they would be a shoe in for the playoffs in the pathetic pacific division. Then I remembered they will be playing in the central (rip). So Calgary for basically the same reason

Damn, I was about to vote for them for the same reason.

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Great to see the positivity in here. At least 3% of the voters indicated they believe all of the teams will be successful.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Went with the Sens. They spun their tires at the beginning of the season but once they got going (sometime in February) I’m pretty sure they were 3rd best in the North for the rest of the year and from the games I saw were playing solid team hockey.

I considered Calgary but I only see them getting worse.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Went with the Sens. They spun their tires at the beginning of the season but once they got going (sometime in February) I’m pretty sure they were 3rd best in the North for the rest of the year and from the games I saw were playing solid team hockey.

Yes, they were 21-16-4 after February 13th (3rd best Pts% in North division)

Not making "excuses" but trying to add some insight about this :

- Covid : Ottawa didn't play a game for 10+ months
- Again for 2020-21, ~50% roster turnover and no real training camp too
- GM/coach, who seem to walk hand in hand in terms of roster decisions, made some bad ones and really didn't start the season with the optimal lineup. It progressively got fixed during the season.
- They were "fine" in home games all season, finished 14-10-4 +6, but started 1-5-1
- Guys like Artem Zub (1st game played in game #10), Erik Brannstrom (1st game played in game #11) and Victor Mete (1st game played in game #43) helped to improve the back-end mobility
- They were simply not able to defend at a NHL level on the road for a big chunk of the season. In the first ~21 games, they gave up 4.67 GA/GP. In the last 7 road games, they finally seemed to have figured it out and gave up 2.43 GA/GP

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I like Ottawa in 2 years in terms of just trend.
Would not be surprised to see Calgary do the best, just because of the weak division they'll play in... I could also see them blow it up next offseason if things don't go their way.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Calgary is definitely the best bet for the next season. I could see Ottawa for example being the better team over two years, but more successful in that division of death?

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
Ottawa looks pretty good. Anaheim could have a quick turnaround. Calgary completely depends on what they do with their team.

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
Went with calgary, I think ottawa is the better team but they have a tough division with tampa, florida, boston, leafs, and habs, so they will have less success overall

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Ottawa is going to dominate any of theses polls you put them in, people here believe they hype about the Sens for sure

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ottawa is going to dominate any of theses polls you put them in, people here believe they hype about the Sens for sure
Well why not?? if most would just bother to see what Ottawa has instead of just reading the hype about teams like LA NY etc... You would understand

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Yes, they were 21-16-4 after February 13th (3rd best Pts% in North division)

Not making "excuses" but trying to add some insight about this :

- Covid : Ottawa didn't play a game for 10+ months
- Again for 2020-21, ~50% roster turnover and no real training camp too
- GM/coach, who seem to walk hand in hand in terms of roster decisions, made some bad ones and really didn't start the season with the optimal lineup. It progressively got fixed during the season.
- They were "fine" in home games all season, finished 14-10-4 +6, but started 1-5-1
- Guys like Artem Zub (1st game played in game #10), Erik Brannstrom (1st game played in game #11) and Victor Mete (1st game played in game #43) helped improved the back-end mobility
- They were simply not able to defend at a NHL level on the road for a big chunk of the season. In the first ~21 games, they gave up 4.67 GA/GP. In the last 7 road games, they finally seemed to have figured it out and gave up 2.43 GA/GP

And to be honest, losing 9 games in a row in regulation to Edmonton, which is such an unbelievable anomoly, after climbing out of the hole they dug themselves at the start of the season is essentially what did them in. they have a good young team, and out of the teams on that list they have, by far the brightest future ahead.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad