which of these rookie will have the biggest impact this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

slamming dan

who will have the biggest impact this year?
Boyd Gordon
Mike Ryder
jordon tootoo
van ryn
Mike Komisarek
Ivan Huml- no he not a rookie but young

please list in order or make coments on them.
thanks

oli500

Aug 22, 2003
Kitchener
Visit site
Mikeal Ryder
Jordon Tootoo
Mike Komisarek

In my opinion from what ive seen so far I think this kid was a gem of a pik form the montreal canadiens. Ive seen im play last year in hamilton and he has potential to be the next power foward something that the habs need. He is not afraid of crashing the net just like we seen him score his first nhl goal vs the lafs. Hes allways urond the net making some noice great potiental.

Jordon tootoo well be another darcy tucker with more coring potiental in his game. Hes allready some enemys in his first two games.

Komisark well be a cris pronger type defencemen. Maybe not as good but only time well tell. Hes big, hes got some offensif abilities.

the others i couldent tell because I havent seen them play.

H3ro

Apr 24, 2003
Visit site
Michael Ryder. I've seen him play in pre-season and Vs. Ottawa, and he as REALLY impressive. Nice to see an Habs' propect UNDERrated. He has first line potential, love to shoot (11shots in 2 games), he's physical, has a quick and dangerous wrist shot, and he's good defensively. At the beginning of the training, I was quite surprised that Koivu said Ryder was the kind of player he wants on his line... Now, I know he had reason. I would love to see him play with Koivu and Bulis...

vipergtsr404

Aug 1, 2002
Not where I want to be.
Visit site
what if hainsey surprises everyone and has a bigger impact then all of them. he has a goal already and has been solid in his first 2 games this year not to mention Therrien is not behind the bench making stupid idiotic desicions anymore. thats gotta be a plus for everyone of the young habs prospects.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Ryder
Tootoo

It`s very close between these 2. After what I`ve seen from Ryder it looks like he could be a good NHLer but the same goes for Tootoo. It`s pretty much a toss up for me between these guys.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
let's not forget Steve Eminger...

reminiscent of a young Chelios! he absolutely robbed Sundin and Nolan of several golden opportunities last night, en route to being named the 3rd star with 0 pts, and a -1.

IMO it boils down to Gordon and Komisarek; perhaps Eminger.

all three play top minutes on depleted teams...

all three have the potential to play major roles in the success of their teams...

Gordon alone has the potential to break-out at 19 under Jagr. His stats (1,2, 3gms) definitely reflect how solid he's been.

nothing I've seen suggests any different for these 3.

The Boot

Feb 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Van Ryn should have the most prominent role of all those guys, he is pointless in his first two games but he will probably get the most ice out of anyone on that list. However i must admit that Gordon and Ryder have been fairly impressive so far.

SpaceGhost79

Mar 8, 2002
The Boot said:
Van Ryn should have the most prominent role of all those guys, he is pointless in his first two games but he will probably get the most ice out of anyone on that list. However i must admit that Gordon and Ryder have been fairly impressive so far.

Actually, Van Ryn had two assists the other night, both on power play goals.

He is definitely getting the ice time. ESPN.com's stats showed he logged over 26 minutes of ice against Carolina, which was second on the team to Boumeester's 27 minutes. He saw action is every situation. Nice to see his game turnaround after last year.

As for Komisarek, I hope Montreal plans to use him and not as a bench warmer. Two games so far and I believe he's been a healthy scratch for both.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
VanRyn has arguably been our best Dman in the first 3 games and is a fantastic player to have on D. We got him for absoulutly nothing. What a steal.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
EroCaps said:
let's not forget Steve Eminger...

reminiscent of a young Chelios! he absolutely robbed Sundin and Nolan of several golden opportunities last night, en route to being named the 3rd star with 0 pts, and a -1.

IMO it boils down to Gordon and Komisarek; perhaps Eminger.

all three play top minutes on depleted teams...

all three have the potential to play major roles in the success of their teams...

Gordon alone has the potential to break-out at 19 under Jagr. His stats (1,2, 3gms) definitely reflect how solid he's been.

nothing I've seen suggests any different for these 3.
Eminger wasn't one of the choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->