Which of these players will and wont get in the HOF

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Jeez... Kariya was an NHL superstar going into NHL HOF selected by ex-NHL players.

When do we see these 2 gents in the NHL hall of fame then?

Jörgen Jönsson at eliteprospects.com
Kenny Jönsson at eliteprospects.com

(I d think people could stop pretending that NHL HOF is for anything else than NHL play. Tretiak's goalie coaching career selection is the cherry on top of this turd.)
Why would players that didn't ever dominate lesser leagues get in? At best had 1 dominat season.

I dont get why people think so black and white about it. Lots of old-school hockey minds HOF voters love "winners" and if your career is boosted by international tourneys it definitely matters to them.

That's why Kevin Lowe got in. Because he's. Winnee and winning in their mind is an impact he brought.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Why would players that didn't ever dominate lesser leagues get in? At best had 1 dominat season.

I dont get why people think so black and white about it. Lots of old-school hockey minds HOF voters love "winners" and if your career is boosted by international tourneys it definitely matters to them.

That's why Kevin Lowe got in. Because he's. Winnee and winning in their mind is an impact he brought.

Surely winning 2 olympic golds is worth of getting into the NHL HOF, just like Paul Kariya got in with just 1 OG. (/s)

BTW Jonsson the Defenseman was the best D in the olympics, beating all norris winners for that trophy. I d think that kind of quality would dominate even in the NHL. 680 NHL games.

Jonsson the forward has 5 swedish cups, several playoff scoring titles, 2 og, 2WC gold and 3 silvers.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
How many who had 6 times over 40 goals (2 of them 50+) are not in the HOF?

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
The Hockey Hall of Fame doesn't have the highest standards of the major Halls and is actually only above the Tennis Hall of Fame which is a niche and not taken in the same seriousness (basically win 1 Major and hover).

The last decade of inductees has cemented this and if you just look at some of the names and go through this very forum say 8-12 years back you'll see a lot of people giving little to no chance and yet here we are.

All of the names in the OP except one are getting in. It's pretty damn objective if you look at their accomplishments, given that the Hall now essentially rewards long careers that have either some individual accolades and/or multiple titles. Letang is a lock I laugh at some saying no, if not half of the responses I skimmed through.

The one name not at this point likely to get in is Rask. As a goaltender he needs to pad those career numbers and get at least one more individual honor. Of course him winning another title and being named Conn Smythe recipient would put him into a likely spot to get in.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Most people will say MAF should not be in the HOF. But once his career is over he will likely have top 3 most wins all time. Combine that with 3 Stanley Cups, and he has a legit chance at the HOF.

Out of the other ones, Doughty is the only one I would vote for.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Marleau - No
Perry - No
Getzlaf - Yes
Kovalchuk - Maybe (It's the Hockey Hall of Fame, not the NHL Hall of Fame)
Weber - Maybe
Letang - Maybe
Doughty - Yes
Burns - Maybe (has more individual hardware and points than both Letang and Weber, seems to be overlooked)
MAF - Maybe
Rask - Maybe
Quick - No

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Perry has won it all. Stankey Cup, Hart, Rocket, JWC, Olympic, WC and is a canadian. His downfall play right now may hamper him though.

He is guaranted in.

And also Marleau, because of hisblongevity.
Getzlaf may also be in, it is a 50/50 situation. Bit probably they let him in together with Perry.

I call Doughty overrated, funnt thou’ a unfit guy makes this far jsut by talent.

Weber could also be a case. The rest is no.

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
How would Quick be a lock and not Rask? Rask is the better goalie ainec

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Marleau - No
Perry - No
Getzlaf - Yes
Kovalchuk - No
Weber - Yes
Letang - No
Doughty - Yes
Burns - No
MAF - No
Rask - No
Quick - No

Last edited:

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I'm surprised with the number of no's Perry is collecting in this thread.

Perry is only the second player (after Niedermayer) to combine Triple Gold membership with gold at the WJC, a memorial cup win, and a world cup win.

Then he also got the rocket and the hart.

IDK, that's a HOF trophy case for sure.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Marleau - yes
Perry - no
Getzlaf - yes
Kovalchuk - i thought yes at first, but probably not
Weber - yes
Letang - no
Doughty - i wanna say yes?
Burns - no
MAF - maybe
Rask - no
Quick - no

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
My Vote​
Will they make it?​
Marleau
Yes​
Yes​
Perry
No​
Yes​
Getzlaf
Yes​
Yes​
Kovalchuk
Yes​
No​
Weber
Yes​
Yes​
Letang
No​
No​
Doughty
Yes​
Yes​
Burns
No​
No​
MAF
No​
Yes​
Rask
Yes​
No​
Quick
Yes​
No​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Since the inclusion of Kevin Lowe the bar is set incredibly low now. Going by that, every one of those players could get in.

Reactions: WingsFan95

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->