Which of these players never sees NHL ice?

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
I'm guessing all of them will see at least one NHL game, but the most likely to not succeed in the context of this discussion from the link provided by the OP are Saad and Biggs.

IkeaMonkey*

I'm guessing all of them will see at least one NHL game, but the most likely to not succeed in the context of this discussion from the link provided by the OP are Saad and Biggs.

Why?

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
The Rattie hate is unwarranted.

It's not hate, its just that he might not make the NHL. He's definitely a candidate for that.

Care to explain the hate fest with Beaulieu? All I see is negativity and no reasons for it.

Eh just don't like his game very much. Every time I've watched him nothing about his game and been special to me. I don't think hes as good offensively as people make him out to be, and he'll looked better being on that stacked team. I think if hes on a small market team in the "Q", hes a consensus low first round pick, mabye second round.

Theres going to be people who completely agree with me, or more so, or people that are polar opposites. Just don't like him very much from the 6 or 7 times I've seen him.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Only 2 drafts have seen all of their first round prospects see at least one NHL game..

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
I could see all the names mentioned not making it besides biggs, he becomes a third liner at worst in my mind

IkeaMonkey*

I could see all the names mentioned not making it besides biggs, he becomes a third liner at worst in my mind

Sounds like an opinion of someone who has seen Biggs play.

I'm waiting for Prophet of Glennie's analysis first though.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Armia, that pick is risky business.

Biggs, Saad and Namestnikov. Needs some great development to get into the big show.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I dont agree with the one who said Brodin, He just seems to... solid.. He might not have the best upside of prospects but in my eyes hes a surefire nhl defenseman in a few years. 2-3-4-5 defenseman.

Of the swedish prospects with a bit of fame I'd say that Rakell or Friberg are the most likely to bust it out.

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010

He's a bull in a china shop type player - big and strong, but no particularly elite go to skill.

In a lot of ways, he reminds me of Milan Lucic, but I don't see the upside that was obvious in Lucic.

He needs to go to a team that tends to put a big emphasis on development, like Detroit or Buffalo or NJ, to have a real chance, imho.

FinHockey

Sex Metal Barbie
Nov 10, 2009
Finland
I really don't see what's wrong with Armia. How is he likely to not make it in the NHL? I mean compared to the other 2011 draftees of course.

IkeaMonkey*

He's a bull in a china shop type player - big and strong, but no particularly elite go to skill.

In a lot of ways, he reminds me of Milan Lucic, but I don't see the upside that was obvious in Lucic.

He needs to go to a team that tends to put a big emphasis on development, like Detroit or Buffalo or NJ, to have a real chance, imho.

Sounds like a pretty good analysis. I'm glad you have a basis for your opinion, thank you!

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Armia cause my friends brother both played with and against him, he said he was very slow and awareness is bad, but his shot is a beauty and but unreal hands, hes alot like Steve Bernier (other than the awareness), slow and gets 85% of his goals by the net.
Either they played with him atleast a year ago when he struggled against juniors with that speed or then they are pro hockey players in a good league, since he hasn't looked slow in SM-liiga this season against men. And also with the muscle he will still get/need for the legs I just doubt speed is the reason he does not make it in the NHL, but yeah I know there might be a bigger risk with him than with several of other prospects in the first round.

Latex*

Either they played with him atleast a year ago when he struggled against juniors with that speed or then they are pro hockey players in a good league, since he hasn't looked slow in SM-liiga this season against men. And also with the muscle he will still get/need for the legs I just doubt speed is the reason he does not make it in the NHL, but yeah I know there might be a bigger risk with him than with several of other prospects in the first round.

Agree with this 100%.

His skating is right now actually pretty nice when taken in to account that he's almost 6'4.

IkeaMonkey*

Let's let that fight die a slow death in the Biggs thread. No sense bringing it here.

No. I want an expert's opinion on who is not going to play in the NHL. Not someone who has seen some of these players a dozen plus times like myself.

birddog*

You always need to worry about multiple players drafted from powerhouse teams. Which one is the straw that stirs the drink?

Zach Phillips looks good -- and it's a lot easier to look good with great linemates around you -- but this would scare me off. How would he look on a last place team with plugs around him?

Siemens has all the tools -- size, tough, skating -- but we've seen guys with tools and no toolbox fail before. He's not considered an intelligent player by scouts and that is a concern. Still his skating is so good he should translate well.

Ryan Strome is one of those scorers that if he can't play on the top 2 lines -- can he play? He reminds me somewhat of Zach Hamil.

Obviously the top 6 look pretty strong since they have fewer question marks but then there is Ryan Murphy who will need to overcome his size. Plenty of small dmen that dominated junior have failed to make the jump.

Kids that can bang have the option of playing in the bottom 6 which is important because not many can translate into big time scorers at the NHL level.

Jurco reminds me of the next Rob Schremp. Better with the off-ice tricks than actually playing the game. I'd stay clear of him.

Puempel has to overcome his injury. While he does seem to have some great tools -- injuries have killed many a prospects hopes.

Have to admit I have not seen enough of these kids play to give a fair assessment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad