Which of these players never sees NHL ice?

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nathan Beaulieu could become Shawn Belle 2.0.

I think Armia could be a bust as well.

Jurco could end of being amazing or bust. But I see him as a 2nd rounder anyway.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Brodin? He looks like a very solid prospect to me. Rakell on the other hand, he was never a big name back in Sweden, a bit surprising that he did so well in CHL really. He looked good but not awesome in wjc, far from a sure thing.

zeus3007*

I've heard some say that Strome's game may not translate to the NHL. I haven't watched him myself, so I'm just going off of what some others have said.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
I was gonna ask this question before the draft, so no team feels like their being "trolled" about their new prospect.:laugh:

Rattie, Namestnikov, Armia, Phillips, and Jurco are my guesses out of that list.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I've heard some say that Strome's game may not translate to the NHL. I haven't watched him myself, so I'm just going off of what some others have said.

Even though I prefer Huberdeau and Couturier, Strome has the skill and heart to become a top 6 player.

Voga

Jun 1, 2010
Vladislav Namestnikov, IMO hes not a 1st rounder and I have seen a number of london games this year. I don't see his game translating to the NHL. This is just an opinion I am no scout, gm or "expert"

Temego

Mar 8, 2011
Armia could end up being a bust, or he could end up being a Jeff Carter/Alex Semin - caliber goal scorer.

Personally I think he will become something like fellow fin Niklas Hagman; a streaky 3rd liner who shows flashes of brilliance.

Oleksiak is another one who may not make the NHL at all. Or then he becomes a Chara2.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

To drive the topic back on course here's my thoughts:

I think Europeans have the toughest time breaking into the NHL so I'm going to say that one of Zibanejad/Armia/Brodin don't make the big league in their life.

Scheifele, Phillips and Mayfield are my other picks as well.

Canuck71*

To drive the topic back on course here's my thoughts:

I think Europeans have the toughest time breaking into the NHL so I'm going to say that one of Zibanejad/Armia/Brodin don't make the big league in their life.

Scheifele, Phillips and Mayfield are my other picks as well.

Any solid reasoning behind any of this? The way Zibanejad plays he will have no problem cracking the NHL in a couple of years. He is a very versatile player from what I have seen and could play a few different roles for a team.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Any solid reasoning behind any of this? The way Zibanejad plays he will have no problem cracking the NHL in a couple of years. He is a very versatile player from what I have seen and could play a few different roles for a team.

Nope but if there was any solid reasoning for a lot of these guys not to make the NHL--they wouldn't be first rounders.

People didn't have any reservations about Scott Scissons before he was drafted

IkeaMonkey*

I think hes safe, but I also see a chance of never even getting to that point with how, "low" skilled he is.

Can you give me an evaluation of Biggs' skills from the amount of times you have seen him play? I'm curious as to how he plays as a prospect. You seem to know a lot.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'd definitely agree with Namestnikov. Hes just not a natural talent.

There are a lot of boom/bust guys to be taken in the late first/early second who could obviously bust. Grimaldi, khokhlachev, Jensen, Prince, Rattie, etc.

KingJet*

I'll say Armia, Rattie, Namestinkov and Jurco

Armia cause my friends brother both played with and against him, he said he was very slow and awareness is bad, but his shot is a beauty and but unreal hands, hes alot like Steve Bernier (other than the awareness), slow and gets 85% of his goals by the net.

Rattie just has good control, pass and shot. But the Skating is terrible, played against him in a tourny, three years ago. I say if he does make the NHL though, he gets a career high 40-50 points, plays alot like Olli Jokinen.

Namestinkov doesn't have the finess, he isn't too bad of a skater and the awareness is good and the shots good but hes also very soft.

Jurco is good, the awareness is alright but makes tons of risky moves, but I tell you, when he gets the right player, hes going to get alot of points. But either way he stays in the NHL because hes sick on the shootout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->