Which of these hot starts are unsustainable? (click all that apply)

Which of these won't continue?

• Total voters

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Rantanen finishing top 5 in scoring seems the most plausible to me. He’s the playmaker on one of the best lines in the league he will rack up the apples. 84 points to 95points seems fairly plausible to me which would be right around top 5 He’s a young guy makinnon is a young guy no reason to think they can’t duplicate last year. Especially Rantanen going from 30 some to 84

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Probably all of them, although for the sake of leaving one, I went with Chabot since it's not outside the realm of reason
Gotta say I was surprised to see Tkachuk with that many points

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I picked Isles a top 10 team. I just dont think that roster has much talent on it to sustain that.

Next I picked Rielly top 5 in D scoring. In hindsight I think he maybe could do it but with Matthews out and the rate those guys were all shooting I think his scoring comes down quite a bit but he might have enough points padded right now to hold on even if he slows down.

I dont think CHabot finishes top 10 in D scoring because that team doesnt pay attention to their coaches and theyre going to have more crazy shit happen this season rpobably.

Meier and Gally will slow down too.

Some that have a lot of votes that I dont agree with.. Calgary could absolutely be a top 5 team. The defense is finally clicking and they have all the pieces you look for in a top team. A legit first line center, an absolute star offensive player, a legit number 1 D with depth on D and a #1 goalie. This one will hinge on Smiths health I think, although if he gets urt again this year I wouldnt surprised if they trade for a goalie

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
The only ones I didn't click are:

Rantanen top 5 in overall scoring
Rielly top 5 in defense scoring
Marner top 10 in overall scoring
Buffalo a top 15 team

Reactions: Critical91

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
rielly will be top 5 in d

thats the only 1, frankly not a hot take

huge difference between top 5 d and top 10 overall. Marner and Rielly have almost the same points yet the other is less likely due to above

Mar 26, 2010
Pettersson for sure. He is going to fall flat. Most overrated player to come along in the last 10 years. His concussion issues will get him.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I wouldn't call the Flames a top 5 team, they've played the most games in the NHL, they've played 2 more than the vast majority.
Irrelevant as those teams (outside of the Wild would not catch the Flames) even if they won both games in hand.

However, there are several teams that can tie or go up by one point on the Flames with their game in hand.

I do get your point though and will agree it’s way too early anyways.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
I voted for:

NYI top 10 and playoff contender

VAN in the playoffs

Pettersson top 5 in PPG

Tkachuk top 10 in scoring

CGY a top 5 team

And Meier/Gallagher as rocket contenders. Looking at the results, that seems to be the consensus

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Selected all except:
MTL in playoffs
Rielly top 5 in d scoring
Marner top 10 in overall scoring
Chabot top 10 in d scoring

Almost everything on the list has a well below 50% chance of happening imo. One of Buffalo or Montreal will make the playoffs but I give the edge to Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad