Which of these hot starts are unsustainable? (click all that apply)

Which of these won't continue?

• Total voters

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I threw together some of the most talked about things on the forum this season, which do you think will eventually tumble down their respective lists?

If you have any for me to add, let me know.

Will be fun to look back on later this year.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
op I know you didn't mean to but there is some subconscious bias here

rielly's question should have been top 3 in scoring for a defenseman or top 10 in overall scoring. It is glaringly obvious compared to the others. I mean the poll is based off of their current hot start and that's the only one that doesn't match up

in b4 chabot

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
voted for everything except the NYI/Buffalo/Rantanen/Rielly options

I don't particularly think any of those will happen either but wouldn't entirely rule them out either

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Voted Rielly, Rantanen, Marner, Gallagher, and Tkachuk all not keeping the pace they're on. Pettersson wont stay top 5 in PPG, and Vancouver wont stay in the playoff race.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

rielly's question should have been top 3 in scoring for a defenseman or top 10 in overall scoring. It is glaringly obvious compared to the others. I mean the poll is based off of their current hot start and that's the only one that doesn't match up

in b4 chabot

So basically you wanted him to tailor it so Rielly could get more votes lol.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

in b4 chabot

I rounded to increments of 5 for everyone. Didn’t use overall scoring for defencemen.

Any that I need to add?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I rounded to increments of 5 for everyone. Didn’t use overall scoring for defencemen.

Any that I need to add?

there is nothing unsustainable about being a top 5 scorer as a dmen. Look through the years as to who is #5. As long as you are the primary PP player on an offensive team you should get there.

Rielly is currently 1st in dmen scoring. It's like asking if Rantanen will hit 85 points (top 10 overall, which you did not).

Top 10 overall or top 3 among dmen is much more interesting

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
On second thought I think Reilly might stay top 5. I don’t think it’s super likely, but that’s the best chances here

I doubt it. I mean that's a really tough group to crack. He was 11 points out of 5th last year though, which is a significant improvement, but not impossible.

But I'd say Buffalo staying top 15 is the most likely. There is a lot of talent on that team. And top 15 is only the top half of the league. Top 15 isn't that crazy. I think they can do that.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
I wouldn't call the Flames a top 5 team, they've played the most games in the NHL, they've played 2 more than the vast majority.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Meier and Gallagher, IMO, and Tkachuk. Everything else I can see a case for. Well, maybe not NYI.

Rantanen's great, but also plays with MacKinnon, who I think might be the only guy in McDavid's category. Petterson's a bit of a stretch, but that kid is insanely good, so I don't want to bet against him.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think Reilly is pretty like to finish around top 5 in D scoring due to the offensive power the leafs have. Seems likely.

Still waiting for Mackinnon to truly get to his peak level this season and when he does that will help Rantanens points total for the season. I’d assume Rants ends with ~90 pts this year which could put him around the top 5-10 in the league. Not a guarantee but wouldn’t surprise me if he did.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
I clicked literally every single one
200w.gif

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad