Which of these duos would you choose to build a team around going forward?

Which of these duos would you choose to build a team around going forward?

• Total voters

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Matthews and Marner.

Matthews is the best forward on the list, and while I'd rather a C and D combo, Marner is significantly more impactful than Dahlin or Hughes so it overcomes the positional consideration.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
im in no way cheering against the nucks guys , and i hope theyve long great careers . but i would not choose them because both are slight of build and ide be concerned that several years of hits by nhl big bodys could eventually take their toll and shorten the primes of their careers

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Matthews and Marner because you get one player who already has multiple 40+ goal seasons in Matthews, plus Marner is a proven 90+ point player since he had 94 points in the 2018-19 Season.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I still think Dahlin could become the best player here. So i pick Buffalo duo due to potential.

Honestly all 3 great choices though

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Eichel+Dahlin. Sabres have by far the worst coach of the three teams though. I'm worried that he's going to ruin Dahlin.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Right now Matthews and Marner to be safe but tough to pick them over Eichel/Dahlin. If Dahlin becomes a legit 1D then them for sure

Reactions: leafsfan5

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Dahlin is 6'3 200lbs who skates like an angel and is only 20 years old. His upside is the highest out of any player you've listed and that includes Eichel and AM. So ill go with that duo even though it's purely based on upside. If we were talking about a sure thing you go Marner + AM even though they are making $20+m combined

Reactions: CatchyTune

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Matthews
Eichel
Marner
Petterson
Hughes
Dahlin

when you rank them it looks like your best bet is to go with the Leaf duo. They also have great chemistry, one of the best playmakers in the league with the best goal scorer in the league.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Ideally, I would choose Eichel-Dahlin due to their positions.

But at this stage, it might be wiser to take Matthews-Marner because you are getting more of a sure thing.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Could I select Mackinnon -Makar please.

Matthews and Reilly

McDavid and Drai.

Why do people always post crap that isn't even part of the poll - like they think their so witty when they post it. Make your own poll if you don't like the choices.

I would go Eichel | Dahlin because Eichel is arguably the best forward (between Matthews and Eichel) and Dahlin is the best all around dman between the only two Dmen available is this poll.

Honestly, all of those options available are solid building bases.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Why do people always post crap that isn't even part of the poll - like they think their so witty when they post it. Make your own poll if you don't like the choices.

I would go Eichel | Dahlin because Eichel is arguably the best forward (between Matthews and Eichel) and Dahlin is the best all around dman between the only two Dmen available is this poll.

Honestly, all of those options available are solid building bases.
I was being tongue in cheek to the poster that made his own option. I agree with you.

Reactions: zar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad