Which of the Top-8 clubs do you think will go ALL THE WAY and which'll FALL FLAT?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Chi is the safest bet as they're the deepest at every positiion, best scoring differential and will only increase as the season goes on.

Pit on the contrary is the best team with zero chance of winning. Unless they somehow con enough gm's to upgrade multiple top 6 wingers without sacrificing the farm elsewhere, it's a guarantee they'll lose to the first team that either A) Is fast and/or physical enough to out-possess them consistently like Nyi and Nyr did or B) is stout enough defensively to double the centers and force the wingers to try and beat them (which none of them are capable of doing on their own) like Bos, Nyr, or every top western team are capable of. Every top playoff team will meet one of those criteria, if not both. How they can have one of the top records with such an exploitable roster flaw is embarrassing.

So u think ur anexpert. Are u telling me ur an expert. Guess what buddy ur not a fckin expert. Good analysis by the way had just enough bias and hate in it, nice job man

Iron Isles

Nov 16, 2013
Isles are legit, all you nay-sayers will see in the playoffs after we win the STANLEY CUP!!!

Seems legit...I mean you are "Islander Prophet".

I really like what St Louis is doing; I feel they are the only team the Islanders played that makes me think, "Geez...hope we never have to play THEM again" this season. So big and physical...I think this might be the year.

On the contrary, an injury riddled Penguins might go on a bad stretch very soon and could carry that into the first playoff round. MAF will need to be exceptional this playoff go around or the critics might be right about him. I see a 2nd seeding and 1st round exit for the penguins.

potsos

Jan 25, 2014
Freeport, Antonica
Hard to bet against Chicago until proven otherwise. Kings are always a threat in April, but they sure don't look the same this season and their depth isn't what it used to be. Blues have the Tarasenko-dimension and I believe that changes their luck in the postseason this year, even if they happen to fall into the hard luck of another first round opponent like Chicago.

I don't see anyone in the East that could handle Hawks/Kings/Ducks/Blues in a 7 game series.

Islanders have some real talent, but I guess I'd choose them to fall back to earth because history.

ashenhigh

Aug 27, 2008
Los Angeles
Zetterberg and Datsyuk got younger?

And the Wings struggled when they hit injuries.

You said Detroit's too old and list two players.... When we are actually significantly younger this season, and much younger than years past. Player ages that left our roster during the off-season north of 30: 41, 38, 37, 33, 30, all replaced by rookies.

We had a losing record and at one point with everyone injured we were outside the playoffs. The kids turned it around and contributed enough to make the playoffs. But I wouldn't expect a non-wings fan to remember the narrative. Just pointing out you really don't have a good picture of whats going on in DET.

Did they win the cup?

What? Have the Blues?

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
the only team that has been without its two best players for 50% of the season within the last 2 years is detroit and they still made the playoffs. I am not so sure the same could be said if each of the following COMBINED to play just 80 reg season games

price and subban
toews and kane
malkin and crosby
stamkos and bishop
perry and getzlaf
doughty and quick
kessel and bernier

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
the only team that has been without its two best players for 50% of the season within the last 2 years is detroit and they still made the playoffs. I am not so sure the same could be said if each of the following COMBINED to play just 80 reg season games

price and subban
toews and kane
malkin and crosby
stamkos and bishop
perry and getzlaf
doughty and quick
kessel and bernier

And what's your point.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh

price and subban
toews and kane
malkin and crosby
stamkos and bishop
perry and getzlaf
doughty and quick
kessel and bernier

I'm not sure what the significance of restricting it to the last two years is but the Pens just did it in 2010-11. Crosby and Malkin played 84 games combined and the team finished with 106 points.

TampaBayLightning

The Asterisk Dynasty!
Nov 10, 2013
Tampa
Tampa Bay has already fallen flat. They're going to make the playoffs pretty easily probably, but as it stands now, they're not really the Cup threat I thought they were.

Still too soft, still too inconsistent and still not willing to put in 60 minutes of effort.
Tampa is my team but I can not argue with anything you said. Hope it changes soon.

HOLDITHERE*

And you have that hunch because of what?

...a hunch is just that...

I see the Islanders falling to a Wild Card battle with the rest of the Metro.

I see the Ducks or or their Eastern opponent taking the Cup.

Just a hunch.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Well even including the little slump TB has been in lately, they have still performed decently enough. Just some things like shooting % regressing to something more realistic a bit lately.

Right now the top two teams overall looking at all the advanced stats are TB and Chicago.

Anaheim is horrible and has a ridiculous streak of winning 1 goal games. They will fall flat at some point. Nowhere near as good as their record indicates.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
...a hunch is just that...

I see the Islanders falling to a Wild Card battle with the rest of the Metro.

I see the Ducks or or their Eastern opponent taking the Cup.

Just a hunch.

I know what a hunch is.

I was asking him if he had any reasoning at all for his opinion. Obviously none is required, but I will wait for him to respond.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
And what's your point.

it was suggested earlier that Detroit was a key injury or two away from falling out and I am saying recent evidence suggests that is not the case with Detroit, and I am wondering if the same could be said about the other current top teams

that is all

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Pittsburgh will be the cup winners, book it!

Crosby out and still the best team in the east.
MAF playing lights out.
New and better HC
Much better defense this year (top 5 in the league)

Team to fall flat:
Islanders AINEC.

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA
Chicago seems to be a given, but I just feel like they aren't going to make it this year. But for now, I'll say Chicago goes all the way.

The thing about the Islanders, I don't see them falling completely flat. Being as unbiased as I can be, I see a second round exit, which for them, is actually a REALLY good thing. It gives them a taste of the playoffs, a taste of winning a round, and the realization of how much effort is needed to win in the playoffs. And yes, I know they haven't won a round in 2 decades. This isn't the same team as before though.

So the team that I see falling flat in the terms that you want, Detroit or Pittsburgh.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
NYI are real deal...says PIT fan. Very, very deep team on forward that can skate just about any team into the ground. They are probably the best team in the East, but it is close.

NYI Defense is much improved along with goaltending (still weakest link though).

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
NYI are real deal...says PIT fan. Very, very deep team on forward that can skate just about any team into the ground. They are probably the best team in the East, but it is close.

NYI Defense is much improved along with goaltending (still weakest link though).

Well that's cool of you coming from a Pittsburgh fan!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad