Which new prospect will have the best 2019-2020?

Which prospect will have the best NHL season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Jarmo was unsuccessful in getting any of the high end talent to stick around. It looks and sounds like there will be opportunities for several prospects to make a mark on the team and in the league.

It's somewhat of a numbers game. The CBJ will not have 4-5 Caler Trophy contenders. The CBJ will probably not have 4-5 flame-outs. Torts will probably allow some real opportunities. Torts will probably staple some of them to the bench.

At the end of the regular season, who will have made the most positive impact upon the Columbus Blue Jackets in 2019-2020?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Voted for Gavrikov, I think he's the most proven and nhl ready of the choices given.

That being said players like Elvis, Bemstrom or Texier have the potential to have the biggest impact, however, I don't think they have some crazy breakout season that takes the league by storm.

Gavrikov on the other hand I could eating heavy minutes the whole season.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I hope Tex. I really hope that he can show tremendous improvement to become a 40-60 points gamer a season or in time even more. The potential is there.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Gavrikov may be the best in his role but Tex and Elvis have oppurtunities for much bigger roles. Im actually going to say Elvis. May be a steep learning curve but I think he fights through it to have a solid year

Reactions: Madifer

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I voted Bemstrom. He has an elite shot , probably the most pure sniper to ever don the Cbj Jersey , but I’m waffling because I think Texier could be equally as dominant .

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I went with Tex because if he does well it will have a big effect on the team since he is filling a major hole in the roster.

I expect Gav will have a solid season but it will not have as big an impact as Tex.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Elvis will won the starter's job by the end of November.

wouldn't surprise me to see him have a sub 2.70 GAA with a save percentage of .915 or better to go with 3+ shutouts.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Have to go with Gavrikov, he is an elite DEFENDER and not erik "i can score" karlsson. I think he will be big mountain in CBJ's defence. If we get Gusev and they have each others speaking russia i think it will be more than big plus for team and they

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
For the Jackets to have any chance next year, 2 of them need to hit, one being a forward and the other being Merzlikins (unless Korpi wins the job).

1. Merzlikins
2. Texier
3. Gavrikov
4. Bemstrom

The rest won't see NHL action next season (and IIRC Bemstrom is NHL or Sweden next year? If so, he won't make it. If he plays in the AHL, he'll get a few games in the NHL next year)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Bemstron would get to play 76 games in Cleveland vs 52 in Sweden. I'd rather he get the extra games and the exposure to smaller rinks and the North American style. It's a contract issue as to why he can't play AHL, right? What happens if he makes the team out of camp but doesn't stick? Back to Sweden then?

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I went with Texier, mainly because I saw him play NHL games. After the Boston series, he figured out quick that he needs to get stronger, as he said in his exit interview. Having no injury to prevent him from training this summer will be key.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Goalies can make the most the most significant difference which would have favored Elvis. I’m expecting Gav to be workmanlike as a 3rd line DMan but I ended up taking Tex in the poll.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Went with Gavrikov. He'll be in the top 4 before mid-year and put up more points than expected (I could see 25-30). He'll be harder to judge as he won't be as visible as the others but he'll be a huge part of one of the best defenses in the league.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I couldn’t decide so I chose D-All of the Above.

For starters, it matters if Jarmo makes additional moves be fore the season starts.

Does he trade a major d-man moving Gavrikov up in the lineup (I think he can handle more than 5/6 duty and if he gets the opportunity he could have the best season.

Opposingly (I made up a new word ) I think guys like Tex and Bemmy would be better if Jarmo could snag another top six player. Sure their minutes might be reduced but they’d still be playing with good players and with rookie forwards I often think “less is more”. Don’t throw too much on their plate at once or they can compensate just to “survive” in the NHL. We don’t want that. Want them to play their game, good habits and thrive. We’d be crazy to think these guys are simply ready for top six roles, they should have to earn those minutes.

Lastly is Elvis. I agree with Palm Tree, Elvis wins the job before 2020 rolls around. Or maybe Korpi loses it. Torts is not always patient and he will ride the less cold hand. I think the defense keeps the goalies clean and it will be up to one of them to grab the net. If Elvis is <2.90 and >.905 that’s enough to beat out Korpi.

Just re-read my post. A lot of pointless rambling. Sorry.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I voted for Elvis. If this team has a chance this year it will be because of the defense and the players committing to playing that system. THat will make Elvis look good. I don't know if that will be 25 games or 50+ games.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I mean Gavrikov is an Olympic champion, a pretty experienced player compared to others. I hope they all have a good season, we’re going to need it
"Olympic Champion"... :laugh: They played Canada's and USA what? F teams? Not really a title with much merit but yes hes good at hockey and more developed at this point in time

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Okay.......I wanted to wait a bit before I weighed in. Being an eternal optimist, I still believe that somewhere over the horizon is the "CBJ Magical Season". It could be a Stanley Cup, it could be a character who takes the league by storm, or it could be something else. I'm voting Merzlikins. If he has some early success, combined with his name, plus some personality, that would be real fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->