Sports Cars Discussion

Which new listed sports car do you like the best?

• Porsche 718 Boxster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Porsche 718 Cayman

• Porsche 911

• Subaru BRZ

• Toyota GR86

• Toyota GR Supra

• Total voters

Elvis P

Lost in the supermarket 🛒
Dec 10, 2007
Goddamn Wrecks fan
distrokid.com
Sports cars discussion.

1715940315291.png

1715940353976.png

1715940374189.png

1715940394034.png

1715940414837.png

1715940482178.png

1715940501032.png

Last edited:

TheGreenTBer

Angry HFBoards Drama Queen since 2005
Apr 30, 2021
This is kind of a weird list because many of these cars aren't competitors but I love the topic so thanks.

Artura would be borderline unbeatable if the build quality weren't abysmal and the engine sounded better (i.e. a NA V8 instead of a turbo V6 or something.) Nobody does better steering than McLaren right now.

The GT3 RS is arguably the best all-purpose track car on the planet today in terms of lap times and driver confidence. However, it's practically impossible to buy (and the S/T is even more impossible) even if you have the money and it looks kind of grotesque. The 992 Turbo/Turbo S are not even close to the type of sports car I embrace no matter how fast they are. They don't sound good and they do everything for you. GT3 is great both in regular trim and Touring trim.

I love the Miata. I like the BRZ, and might be getting one in the future, but the Miata is a step ahead. If you drive one you'll get it. If you're explicitly a muscle car guy you won't get it, but I get it. I don't like the Supra for a few reasons.

My two favorite new sports cars at the moment, in order, are the Cayman GT4 RS and Corvette Z06. I am well-known around these parts for my love for screaming NA engines and those two are some of the best ever in that department (my two favorite all-time cars are the Lexus LFA and Ferrari 458, to give you an idea where I'm coming from.) The GT4 RS is not quite as performant as the GT3 due to the lack of double-wishbones upfront among other issues, but in terms of emotion it DESTROYS the GT3 due to the absolutely ungodly induction noise you get inside the cabin above 3000 RPM in that thing. The Z06 admittedly ripped off the 458 but it did it extremely well, I have never heard an American car howl like that in my life and I've wanted one since the moment I first heard it.

Reactions: Elvis P

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
I voted for the 911 Turbo but the Maserati MC20 (not listed) is very sweet. Don't know what I'd pick from the choice of the two.
2023-maserati-mc20-cielo-spyder-28-1666275747.jpg

My Best-Carey

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I voted for the 911 Turbo but the Maserati MC20 (not listed) is very sweet. Don't know what I'd pick from the choice of the two.
2023-maserati-mc20-cielo-spyder-28-1666275747.jpg

My Best-Carey
The Maserati MC20 in light blue with a blue roof might be the best looking car I've ever seen. That or the 355 GTS.

Reactions: Elvis P and frisco

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
The standard is the standard.

Grip for days, nothing unsettles it on track and it sounds great too. Doesn't sound as good as the GT4 RS but it's definitely better performing.
okay when you say the Turbo does everything for you...What do you mean vs the GT3? People get exhilarated by different aspects of cars and I too think sound is part of the whole experience but the...I don't know how to describe it exactly but there's something to be said about a car you are immediately comfortable pushing.
not exactly it but theres the thrill of driving an old civic 114 down a highway and a different kind of thrill driving an s3 150 down the same highway. i imagine a Hellcat could be a lot more fun for someone than a Turbo depending on how much weight you give different aspects but I really like that feeling of understanding as much as possible what i can get away with.
Is the GT3 a lot more squirrelly than the Turbo? from everything i've read it's still perfectly easy to manage rolling around off-track.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
okay when you say the Turbo does everything for you...What do you mean vs the GT3? People get exhilarated by different aspects of cars and I too think sound is part of the whole experience but the...I don't know how to describe it exactly but there's something to be said about a car you are immediately comfortable pushing.
not exactly it but theres the thrill of driving an old civic 114 down a highway and a different kind of thrill driving an s3 150 down the same highway. i imagine a Hellcat could be a lot more fun for someone than a Turbo depending on how much weight you give different aspects but I really like that feeling of understanding as much as possible what i can get away with.
Is the GT3 a lot more squirrelly than the Turbo? from everything i've read it's still perfectly easy to manage rolling around off-track.

Let me try to explain.

The Turbo is loaded with tech and refinement that makes it a great supercar for the daily, but the GT3 is way more raw and pure. Also, it's naturally aspirated and I hate turbos in a performance car (except the Nissan GTR which I still kind of like.) Again, I am biased here and admit that, but if I won a Turbo S at a hypothetical contest I'd sell it immediately...and there's no way in hell I'd sell a GT3.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Let me try to explain.

The Turbo is loaded with tech and refinement that makes it a great supercar for the daily, but the GT3 is way more raw and pure. Also, it's naturally aspirated and I hate turbos in a performance car (except the Nissan GTR which I still kind of like.) Again, I am biased here and admit that, but if I won a Turbo S at a hypothetical contest I'd sell it immediately...and there's no way in hell I'd sell a GT3.
fair enough! can see why the Nissan is an exception considering it's famous for being unrefined :)

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
fair enough! can see why the Nissan is an exception considering it's famous for being unrefined :)
Right. The GTR is raunchy and has no business performing as well as it does but it's still pretty competent even today. Old tech compared to the 992 Turbo though.

The non-Nismo versions also aren't terrible family cars; it's unassuming except to car people and has back seats. The Nismo is a track car and a cop magnet though.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
If I'm gifted a sports car of my choice... and I could fix the f***ing thing. If it had a chevy plant it would be perfect.
Give me a Pantera.
Screenshot_20240517_204132_Google.jpg

• Love
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad