Which longtime NHLers are likely to retire after this season?

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Given his contract structure and performance this year I think Maleau is a good candidate for retirement on July 2nd.

How does his contract work? I don't think any player is going to leave millions on table and just "retire".

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
How does his contract work? I don't think any player is going to leave millions on table and just "retire".
After July 1st he is only owed $1.5 million in actual cash from the Leafs. The contract was structured as such that he gets a large portion in a lump sum on July 1st.

Reactions: viper0220

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
After July 1st he is only owed $1.5 million in actual cash from the Leafs. The contract was structured as such that he gets a large portion in a lump sum on July 1st.

That is a sweet deal, I don't think Marleau is going to retire.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Lucic isn't old but he needs to go. Dude skates like he needs a scooter. He can play an entire shift and the puck won't come his way once

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
My question is when or will jagr ever retire or will we have to wait until he dies to put him in the hall

He is pretty much done, probably going to suit next year for the team he owns and call it a wrap. If he plays 3 years in Czech I am very certain the NHL will bend some rules to get one of the highest scorers in the hall

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Lee Stempniak probably. Chris Kunitz probably. Matt Cullen probably. Derek Mackenzie for sure. Matt Moulson for sure.

Maybe Drew Stafford. Maybe Jason Spezza.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
He's a 35+ contract so it wouldnt help the Leafs either.

Best bet is he gets a 1-way ticket to Robidas Island.

Also has a NMC. That contract pretty much allows him to retire however he wants to. If the Leafs don't win this year, he'll give it one more shot with them.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Lets hope so. The Sharks have done pretty much nothing to help him stay in the League. Cutting his icetime, and downgrading him to the 3rd line and limiting his powerplay presence won't get a guy like Thornton going. Another team that would use Thornton better and he's a 65-70 point guy this year for sure.

Thornton seems pretty damned happy as a Shark, so not sure where you are going with all that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad