Which line would dominate more if at their peaks right now, McD-Gretzky-Kurri or Lemieux-Sid-Jagr?

Which line would be the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I'm not a Messier fan at all, but at least if he was in there instead of Kurri, the Oilers may have someone strong enough to take the puck away. If the Oilers start with the puck and were able to just do line rushes, then they may have a chance. It would be a treat to watch peak Crosby and peak Jagr trying to one up each other with their edge work and leg strength. What would really make the difference here would be who was out on D and who was in goal for each side.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I'm not a Messier fan at all, but at least if he was in there instead of Kurri, the Oilers may have someone strong enough to take the puck away. If the Oilers start with the puck and were able to just do line rushes, then they may have a chance. It would be a treat to watch peak Crosby and peak Jagr trying to one up each other with their edge work and leg strength. What would really make the difference here would be who was out on D and who was in goal for each side.

Kurri was a better defensive player than Messier. Hitting doesn't equal defense.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
The one with this guy

cut.jpg

I don't know.....I was reading a thread where McDavid is considered a much player than Gretzky ever was.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Kurri was a better defensive player than Messier. Hitting doesn't equal defense.

Kurri was a joke. Defensively and offensively. He was nothing without Gretzky and his production dropped fast after the Gretzky trade. In international competitions Kurri is also the main reason finland has never won a best on best tournament. Selanne at least was able to score in the Olympics despite being a bit of a disappointment in the NHL. Kurri never won anything, and wasn't able to dominate on his own. Kurri was elite at riding the coat tails of his linemates, pretty much a Rantanen without the size.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
So we have 2 guys who are the best of their generation and they've got 1? Yeah, I'll take the Edmonton trio, thanks.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Kurri was a joke. Defensively and offensively. He was nothing without Gretzky and his production dropped fast after the Gretzky trade. In international competitions Kurri is also the main reason finland has never won a best on best tournament. Selanne at least was able to score in the Olympics despite being a bit of a disappointment in the NHL. Kurri never won anything, and wasn't able to dominate on his own. Kurri was elite at riding the coat tails of his linemates, pretty much a Rantanen without the size.

Weird post.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Kurri was a scoring machine and also strong on defense. Jagr was flashier but only in the other teams end.
Gretz>Mario
Jagr>=Kurri based on Kurri's strong defense
Peak McDavid>Crosby IMO
Oilers

McVespa99

May 13, 2007

OMG. Some peoples kids

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
The word "peak" tilts this in Pittsburgh's favour. Gretzky and Lemieux had similar peaks, as have Crosby and McDavid, but Jagr's peak was markedly better than Kurri's.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
The word "peak" tilts this in Pittsburgh's favour. Gretzky and Lemieux had similar peaks, as have Crosby and McDavid, but Jagr's peak was markedly better than Kurri's.

What? Gretzky's 5 best years totalled 1036 points. Marios 5 best was 829. And Gretzky's peak was an actual peak. 5 years in a row. I chose Marios best 5 at any time.
In no way did they have similar peaks.
And McDavid is 21. I dont think he has hit his peak yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad