Prospect Info: Which late round draft pick(s) could be our next Garland-Esque story?

Player with the highest chance to be a late round gem

• Dineen (3rd round, 68th overall) 2016

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Mind you I’m only going back to 2016 since that seems to be a reasonable threshold, and I’m considering anything after the 2nd round to be a “later” round draft pick.

Do we have another gem in the pipeline that didn’t necessarily have the hype of one? Garland was drafted in the 5th round, 123rd overall in 2015, would be nice to see our due diligence pay off.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
All of the above?

Ok, I don't vote, haven't watched enough of them. But I hope I will keep on thinking that even when I can watch more of them. If you see what I mean. :laugh:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
No question it's Maccelli, Prosvetov has played extremely well for a 1st year AHL goalie, but goalies take a lot longer so Maccelli will have a quicker impact than Prosvetov.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I went with the goalie. A year ago he didn’t crack the “experts” top 20 goalies of the future list. Now he’s a legit top 5 G prospect. Need to see how he fares in the A now that other teams have a book on him. Hopefully he can adapt.

Reactions: Jakey53

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I voted other. I think we may have something in Karow or Crotty. Karow is more SAH D. Crotty has an all around nice game. I think he may pan out into a larger version of Schlemko, which would pretty much mean that his lowest trajectory is a 5/6 D. Could come from Emberson or Callahan (Callahan had a really nice season all-around). I have a little less hope for Busby.

But, if any one of those 4 is up in the next two years to stay, we are likely to have Soderstrom, Chychrun, at least one of those 4 in the lineup, and then maybe OEL and Capobianco. If none of Capobianco or the other 4 make it, then we may have a little more of an issue. But we are in better shape on the defensive side for players stepping into roles and growing through the system.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I voted other. I think we may have something in Karow or Crotty. Karow is more SAH D. Crotty has an all around nice game. I think he may pan out into a larger version of Schlemko, which would pretty much mean that his lowest trajectory is a 5/6 D. Could come from Emberson or Callahan (Callahan had a really nice season all-around). I have a little less hope for Busby.

But, if any one of those 4 is up in the next two years to stay, we are likely to have Soderstrom, Chychrun, at least one of those 4 in the lineup, and then maybe OEL and Capobianco. If none of Capobianco or the other 4 make it, then we may have a little more of an issue. But we are in better shape on the defensive side for players stepping into roles and growing through the system.
Schlemko had a few years where I considered him a 3/4/5. In fact at one point the Klesla/Schlemko pair was our best pair for a month or so. He only ever saw success with Arizona though and for the most part was a 6/7. I'd take another Schlemko for sure.

Dan10900

May 10, 2020
Maccelli would be my pick for sure, I like Prosvetsov, but he's a goalie, he could be elite or he could never play an NHL game and I wouldn't be surprised, two other guys that I like that were later picks were Jenik and Farinacci, another decent option would be Michael Callahan, he could be a good bottom pair PP QB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad