upload_2019-1-2_11-25-52.png
upload_2019-1-2_11-25-52.png

Current logo
upload_2019-1-2_11-26-5.jpeg
upload_2019-1-2_11-26-5.jpeg

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I prefer the style of the new one, simplistic is often better.

However, I prefer the color scheme in the old one. If they had done the outer thick circle (blue) in red, and the centre circle (white) in blue I think I would like it even more. I get that they used the white to accentuate the maple leaf, but more red in the logo and less white would have been nicer IMHO. Could have made the Jet white

Second one is a mucher cleaner design though, so I guess I'll vote for that

Edit - and the compass is a nice touch

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I prefer the style of the new one, simplistic is often better.

However, I prefer the color scheme in the old one. If they had done the outer thick circle (blue) in red, and the centre circle (white) in blue I think I would like it even more. I get that they used the white to accentuate the maple leaf, but more red in the logo and less white would have been nicer IMHO. Could have made the Jet white

Second one is a mucher cleaner design though, so I guess I'll vote for that

Is the new one really simplistic though? More symmetrical perhaps, but I don't think its any more simplistic. I'd have nightmares trying to draw that as a child.

(I prefer the clean, stylized look of the old logo)

Reactions: wintersej

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Is the new one really simplistic though? More symmetrical perhaps, but I don't think its any more simplistic. I'd have nightmares trying to draw that as a child.

Design wise - I think so. Symmetry aside, it is much less cluttered I find. There's really only two shapes - Jet/Leaf - and while they have more edges, making it harder to draw, I would say it's much easier for the eye to follow.

The old logo has a tonne of type, and fails one of the principle rules for making flags/logos - small lettering. Trying to read that red type on the blue from a distance/on a jersey would be next to impossible. The plane on the left looks like a total afterthought and doesnt really mesh with the hockey stick. Also comes too close to the outer circle near the top left...

So yes, while the second one would be harder to draw, I find it a lot simpler and the design flows much better from shape to shape. Just would prefer some of the old colouring.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Old logo looks dated to me. I think I'd probably prefer it with an updated font, but, as is, I definitely prefer the current logo.

Reactions: triggrman

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
The new logo has grown on me some but I still don't like their uniforms. The old uniforms were way better. Logo's are pretty close.

Reactions: Heldig

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I'm not a Jets fan - the old one really doesn't have anything going for it other than nostalgia value, it's busy and sort of disorganized, tries to do too more than a logo should.

The new one is a really great logo and I think Jets fans should be thrilled

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
The old one has too much going on, looks dated.

The newer version is simpler, more modern. I like the little touches like the compass, maple leaf and the nod to the Royal Canadian Air Force.

I also like the newer colors as well: Winnipeg’s old jerseys were just Ranger Knockoffs thanks to Ferguson being the GM of both teams. Sure, they updated the look in the early 90s, but do we need another red,blue and white team? It’s the most generic colors in sports.

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
I’d like a more stylized version of the new one (remove shadowing and 3D effects). But still prefer it to the old one.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
The new one is horrible, colors as well. The worst in the NHL in my humble opinion... maybe a close call with the Hurricanes.

streitz

Jul 22, 2018
I was a fan of the original jets and grew up in Winnipeg in the 80's/90's. Don't follow the NHL anymore.

I'd say the 80's uniform/logo >90's uniform/logo then the current Uniform/logo.

I actually don't mind the colour scheme but I prefer royal blue to navy blue, ditto for the Blue Bombers when they changed their uniforms in the 90's.

Don't like the new logo at all, looks too gimmicky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad