Which Islander stat is the most surprising?

Which stat is the most surprising?

• 11 shutouts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
That goals allowed turn around is outstanding.

I'd be curious to see if any other team has ever done that in the modern era. (going from 6th to first is not nearly the same leap)

Reactions: Dominance

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
The GA obviously, Secondly I would put a combination of 103 points/29th best PP in the league(with a PP that poor you figure that is alot of potential lost points)

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Goals allowed.

And goals allowed usually predicts post-season success, just look at the 2012 and 2014 Kings. 2nd and 1st in goals against in the league and 29th (out of 30 teams) and 26th in goals for.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Easily dead last to first overall. Barry trotz coaching a defense first system
Helps the goalies but Greiss was always good I’d say he just had an off year last year and lehner was solid in buffalo his numbers were always fine it’s just the defense sucked and lehner seemed to always give up a bad goal at the worst times. Also lehner was going through personal struggles see what a good d, coaching systems and overcoming addiction problems can do for ones stability and game?

Greiss though, he was a big part of their last playoff run where they made the second round three years ago.

I think Barzal at 62 Pts zhoukd be an option. Didn’t have a bad year at all but most islanders fans laughed at the possibility of him getting below 75 in a full season saying he’d only improve from 85, while I always said when your a first line center the assignments are harder and with JT gone he’s going to be neutralized a bit.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I find it hilarious that Tavares left this team and his new team finished lower in the standings despite the Islanders getting zero assets for losing him as it was through free agency.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Easily goals allowed. Going from the absolute worst to the absolute best in one season is almost unthinkable.

It's also an indictment of Doug Weight's ability to coach at the NHL level, but that's another topic.

Reactions: MattMartin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->