OT: Which is worse: Andi Petrillo (TSN) or Colby Armstrong (HC)

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I kind of think it is a group of hockey insiders putting Andi down

I sort of wonder if Andi is getting a hard time because of the 'eye-candy for TV ' issue and thus not credible, which is not her fault, but maybe if she were a man like Armstrong, the hockey insiders would treat her with more respect, at least like some drinking- buddy bloke

In defense of both Andi and Armstrong- everyday is a slow news day if MLSE has the PR professionals doing their effective "Nothing to see here- we'll call you when we do some charity thing. Remember: We're trying really hard to win in all areas of the game and in life with this good bunch of men, the other team is really good too, and we give 110%! " the point is to make the on- air people say something positive or nothing at all, which really makes any journalist frown

I have no idea, is Andi a real deal journalist too? I don't read the Hockey News, but I am also not a host on Leafs Lunch, but one would expect Andi is expected to read up on the talking points, and say that she got the info from whatever journal, and credited it, they would attack her for not having her own opinion , but in any event, at a minimum, she needs to be prepared, even if it is unpaid work, and she needs to set that "You're just eye candy for TV!"theory on fire, and clear the air, and clear away the smoke!

Why do you always post in italics? I hate to be a grammar cop but italics are supposed to be used when you quote something.

Reactions: AreBe

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
It's Andi Petrillo. She is uninformed about all things hockey and she is constantly called out by her co-workers. Craig and Gord constantly challenge her on relatively basic hockey facts and clearly don't have a high level of respect for her. She makes Leaf's Lunch a joke.

Andi is the host, not one of the analysts. Surely you realize this.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Good god man,whats wrong with you?

Landsberg is reaching out to other people with mental illness, if the use of his platform helps one person, it's time well used.

If you don't like his whiny voice, why listen to his show?

Just a disgusting post by you.
I guess you're also wondering why Bowan doesn't constantly stop doing the play by play to discuss cancer or some other worthy topic during the game.

there's a time and a place for everything and i don't tune in to sports radio to constantly listen to a host's personal issues

and what's disgusting is you quoting a post from over a year ago to try to take a shot at me for some reason

Reactions: AreBe

GuthrieGovan

Feb 26, 2018
Andi might be the reason I cant get through an episode of Leafs Lunch.

I record everyone of them, but I always have a hard time getting through it.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I am so sick of Andi P shilling for that realtor Frank Leo, I change the channel any time she comes on.

I know it's valuable sponsorship dollars for the radio, but it's just so overplayed, and I can't stand it. Can't stand her voice anymore. Constantly sounds like she's pitching something.

Reactions: the squared circle

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I guess you're also wondering why Bowan doesn't constantly stop doing the play by play to discuss cancer or some other worthy topic during the game.

there's a time and a place for everything and i don't tune in to sports radio to constantly listen to a host's personal issues

and what's disgusting is you quoting a post from over a year ago to try to take a shot at me for some reason

Awesome double down and defend your disgusting comment by trying to turn it around on me, those are some special manipulation skills. Most people would just say yeah ya know what I was out of line but not you, good for you.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I'm not a fan of Andi at all. Colby, I haven't seen much of but from what I've seen, he's bad too.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Girl next door cute, she also has a bit of nerdy awkwardness about her I find add's to her attractiveness.
If the girl I grew up with from next door had her cute, nerdy looks, I'd be married to her right now.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Awesome double down and defend your disgusting comment by trying to turn it around on me, those are some special manipulation skills. Most people would just say yeah ya know what I was out of line but not you, good for you.
lol with your fake anger about a post over a year old

and i don't really give a damn if you don't care for me as a poster but spinning a post with a little bit of mock anger thrown in isn't going to win you any brownie points in the poster of the year awards

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I dont mind either one.

The one person I couldnt stand and glad I dont see her much anymore is Leah Hextall. That voice was just irritating

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Andi is better on television than on radio. The structure from scripted questions and answers is her wheelhouse. Radio not so much.
Armstrong is a train wreck on any platform.

Reactions: Guy Boucher

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
I've been enjoying Brian Burke.
That Brain Burke fellow, with the tie on but collar undone, comes across as someone who will not lightly suffer fools

When Burke is on a panel discussion, you can see that he is listening to things and processing them, his mind is at work

There is a certain gravitas about Burke that cannot be denied, even if he could be a bit old school in his qualified use of analytics as only one of, but not the best or full summation of, a GM's decision making tools

Despite from time to time hearing what is being chatted on about here being repeated on sports radio, I would be pretty surprised if Burke comes here for ideas, maybe he comes here for a hardy laugh, but I would be pretty surprised if he were to come here and lurk.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
It’s all irrelevant to me, the only thing is important is watching Leafs games, what a bunch of suits have to say about it between periods or after the game has no relevance to me.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
This isn't even close, Andi by a long shot. This Might not be a popular opinion, but i kind of like her. She is obviously nowhere close to Hayes (He is very good at what he does) but i can actually listen to her. I cannot listen to Armstrong, hes terrible. I find sportsnet product very bad, a bunch of people who are non-personable and not cut out for radio/tv. Its definitely refreshing when TSN gets a leafs game.

Reactions: TakeTheBody

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
I've only seen Andi a few times. She seems ok. I don't see how anyone can be worse than Colby Armstrong. He brings no insight what so ever.

RubberHead

Apr 15, 2018
Don't care for Andi, does not bring much to the show except the abundance of war paint applied to her face. If her nose gets any larger she will need a unicycle to support it. I wonder, is she is the result of nepotism where the show is concerned. I'll take Colby because he has played the game and he is competent in analysis. Sure he has a brain cramp, but after all concussions ended his career early, not lack of talent.

Leafs Lunch has never reached the popularity as it did when the fans where allowed to phone in and voice their comments etc. That was fun to listen to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad