OT: Which is worse: Andi Petrillo (TSN) or Colby Armstrong (HC)

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Andi could just sit there and Leaf lunch is a win. She is one beautiful woman. Sure she tries a little hard with obscure and pointless discussions but she is smokin' pretty.

Leafs lunch as an hour long show is about 30 minutes more than you need and has the production quality of a youtube homemade podcast, that is not Andi's fault that is on the producer to get better content.

Talk about previous games or tonight's game, talk about prospects in the pipe, talk about who's hot, who's not, who is about to break out. Talk about trade rumors. talk about development staff like coaches, asst coaches, goalie coaches, etc. Talk about systems that the Leafs play, systems their next opponent plays. There is so much more they could do to add value to the show without getting rid of Andi.

There is one thing that is a MUST GO, that stupid disco song she plays on Fridays, if there is one man on this earth that likes that song he needs to turn in his man card immediately. Horrid annoying song.

Reactions: Rogie

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
B grade personalities common in Canadian media. The good ones head south. We have a couple A grades though and keep in mind this is about personality.

Ron
Don (Yrs ago)
Bob
Bob Cole
Ray
ODog is getting there
Friedman is on the cusp

Reactions: The Rat King

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I like Andi. She's great. The whole leafs lunch show and Jeff O'Neil especially is great. I rarely pay attention to HC but I always liked Colby. Seems like a cool guy.

Reactions: Rogie

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I am okay with both. ANdi is a good host and she doen't need to be an expert. Button is more of an annoyance to me. He is too full of himself. And Geno Reda is gorram awful. He has this weird obsession with Nylander.

Colby is alright. He doesn't have to be super funny, it's not a comedy show. I like Mike Johnson more tho.

Overdrive is best tho

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Andi needs to stay on topic, the show is called Leafs Lunch, and not "All about Andi!"

I really find her annoying constantly on the "Me I Me" train, I don't listen to the show to hear about what 80's music she likes, who she has a crush on, hubby, highschool girlfriends or anything like that, I tune in for coverage of hockey and the Maple Leafs in particular

Last edited:

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
As much as I think Andi Petrillo is "meh" as host of Leafs Lunch, Mike Weaver is AWFUL.

He adds no interesting perspective whatsoever. Nothing. He has the most generic, bland opinions one could possibly have.

Oh yes. The guy can barley put a sentence together. Constantly stuttering when trying to get simple thoughts out. I'm surprised they are still running with him.

I agree with an above poster that Andi is useless when it comes to providing analysis. She should just stick to her hosting job. Her opinions and ideas are always existing media narratives...nothing ever original or ground breaking.

Reactions: The Rat King

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Andi is just a fan girl who constantly triea to drive the conversation back to herself and her life. Leafs lunch sucks hard now.

Armstrong is awkward but at least he played the game and understands it.

Andi tends to add nothing of substance and she tries to make Jones which are just not funny.

They both suck in their own ways.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
As much as I think Andi Petrillo is "meh" as host of Leafs Lunch, Mike Weaver is AWFUL.

He adds no interesting perspective whatsoever. Nothing. He has the most generic, bland opinions one could possibly have.
Mr. 'I added an inch to my stick every year.' I swear he says that every show.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
This is no debate, Colby Armstrong and everyone at Sportsnet is brutal. Their broadcast is literally a joke and is trash. Andi is a decent host, shes obviously brutal in comparison to Bryan hayes, but he's the best of the best.

Reactions: CanadasTeam

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Anyone listening to Leaf Lunch right now? Topic is Nylander. They are not very complimentary to say the least.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
This is no debate, Colby Armstrong and everyone at Sportsnet is brutal. Their broadcast is literally a joke and is trash. Andi is a decent host, shes obviously brutal in comparison to Bryan hayes, but he's the best of the best.

Disagree. Marek and Friedman are both excellent

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Anyone listening to Leaf Lunch right now? Topic is Nylander. They are not very complimentary to say the least.
No I only heard them talk about personal food poisoning stories for 15 minutes then tuned out.

Really on topic. Great analysis.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
i don't care for the woman

i like armstrong because one he used to be a leaf... and sometimes he talks about his time in toronto

it's like if toskala went on the show
lol

Can't we just forget about Armstrong's time as Leaf, He looked completely disinterested then as a player, and now as a commentator not much better. There should be a "commentator" rule. You're hired for one year cause then you have said everything you have ever known. Time to move on to somewhere else, where they haven't heard your repetitive thoughts.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I don't really listen to Hockey Central anymore, because I find their conversations are all over the place and constantly derailed.

Leafs Lunch is OK. I don't really understand why people have an issue with Andy - she's a host, and does a decent job of guiding the conversation on relevant topics; she's not the expert on that show, so I'm not sure why people expect her to be.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Can't we just forget about Armstrong's time as Leaf, He looked completely disinterested then as a player, and now as a commentator not much better. There should be a "commentator" rule. You're hired for one year cause then you have said everything you have ever known. Time to move on to somewhere else, where they haven't heard your repetitive thoughts.

He was really disinterested that time he lied and played through a concussion, just to help the team, didn't he?

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
I like both.

Seems some people just hate every media member.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I like Andi. She does a good enough job. And her voice is easy on the ears, unlike many others who grace the Toronto airwaves.

The thing working against Andi is she is being held to the standard of the former iteration of Leafs Lunch. Which is completely out of her control.

Reactions: Tak7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->