• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Stamkos/Point and Tavares/Marner are a toss up IMO. Kucherov being much better than Matthews tips the scale.
There are two centers and one winger for both teams, why not compare them with each other to make it simpler?

Point and Matthews are pretty close with each other as of now as are Stamkos and Tavares. Kuch takes the cake over Marner though.

Reactions: Regal

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Matthews might have another tier to hit still. He could become better than anyone here outside of Kuch. When and if he does this might be closer

Until then - he's the weak link.

Stamkos ~ Tavares
Point ~ Marner

Kuch easily over Matthews

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Five of the players listed are roughly on the same level, and the other is like two tiers above that level.

Reactions: bh53

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I think at this point, people should just take a break on Toronto threads. It's old and played out, they always lose whether it's warranted or not and there's just no point here.
It's crazy the amount of polls comparing to Leafs players. There was one the other week with Kapanen on it. Like 3rd line, penalty killing Kapanen. WTF?

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Easiest to compare positions

Matthews >= Point (Offense vs Defense blah blah)
Kuch >> Marner
Stamkos = Tavares

Basically Marner is the weak link here in his matchup, as he is arguably the weakest player of the 6, and is matched against the best player of the 6, while both other matchups are pretty close

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Not really a fair poll. Kucherov is the current Art Ross winner and all three TBay players have had really good years. Matthews still needs a real break out year and needs to stay healthy to improve on his career best 73 points. Lots of potential though.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Kucherov really tips the scale here.

Beast of a player on the offensive end.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Kucherov is the second best player in the NHL and a tier above anyone on the Leafs.

Kucherov tips this scale quite easily.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Leaf fan voting for the Tampa trio.

But I'm more than happy to have the 2nd best trio in the NHL.

Beyond that trio though........Toronto's offence should be better.

Last edited:

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
I picked Tampa but I think it's really close and will eventually flip to Toronto. If that is this year or 2 more remains to be seen. I think Tavares is a fair bit better player than Stamos at this point which makes it close to me than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad